Alumni Career Services has a host of helpful "News You Can Use" mini videos on the latest career technology, including the tips about using and maximizing LinkedIn for networking and job sourcing. Take a look.
Interviewing Software Now Available - Free of Charge
Most people find interviews difficult or stressful. InterviewStream is a leading, interactive software tool that makes it easy to practice and re-practice your answers to today's most common and most difficult interview questions. Alumni Career Services is pleased to announce that InterviewStream is now available free of charge to all of our alumni.
To get you started, the Alumni Career Services team has programmed seven practice interviews into the system specifically designed for alumni at various stages of their career. There are questions for the "over 40" set, questions for career changers, questions for those in the early stages of their careers and questions for new graduates looking for their first job. In addition, we have selected what we think are the most challenging interviewing questions as well as questions designed to determine if you would be a good "fit" for the organization. Finally, we have compiled a set of behavioral interviewing questions designed for those who want to practice their "story telling" skills.
InterviewStream is customizable so be sure and let us know if there are questions and interview situations you would like for us to add.
Start polishing your interview skills today. It's fun and easy with InterviewStream.
Glassdoor is a unique career community where past and current employees submit company reviews, salaries, and interview information. The site also includes a job board and some really great blogs that give advice to new and experienced job seekers alike. Alumni Career Services has partnered with Glassdoor to provide alumni with free, unlimited access to this great resource. Simply click on this Glassdoor link, and be taken to the site without needing to create an account or give personal information.
GoinGlobal is the leading provider of both country-specific and USA city-specific career and employment information. Their unlimited access subscription database features 38 Country Career Guides, 53 City Career Guides for the United States and Canada, corporate profiles and more than 16 million internship and job listings within the USA and around the world. Both the GoinGlobal Country Career Guides and the City Career Guides provide professional advice and insider tips on such topics as:
• Job search tools - online and face-to-face resources
• Employment trends in major industries - learn more about growing industry areas and focus your job or internship search!
• Executive recruiters and staffing agency contacts - great contacts for students and alumni/professional job seekers
• Work permit regulations - clearly explains the important details for international students and professional job seekers
• Salary ranges and cost of living data - take the guesswork out of planning for career moves and relocations
• Professional and social networking groups - get a head start on making connections for career development
• Résumé/CV writing guidelines
• Interviewing and cultural advice
To access GoinGlobal, contact Jeanne DiBona at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Alumni Career Services Office.