Leave your day-to-day life behind and immerse yourself in the splendor of the French countryside as part of Bentley’s first-ever alumni group travel adventure (May 9-18, 2014).
Led by Bentley faculty members and resident Francophiles, Professors Jane Tchaicha and Mark Davis, this one-of-a-kind, 10-day journey is an opportunity for a small group of alumni to experience Normandy and Paris, exploring both the rich culture and history of this beautiful country along the way.
Trip highlights include:
- Receive two pre-travel orientation sessions to introduce you to the French culture and language
- Visit Giverny, the home of impressionist painter Claude Monet
- Explore the beautiful and historically rich Normandy region, including the D-Day beaches
- Tour the Busnel’s distillery and discover their exceptional Calvados at a private group tasting
- Experience Versailles Palace, commissioned by Louis XIV and known for its 17th Century royal opulence
- Tour the major landmarks and several museums of Paris, including the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, Dorsay Museum and the Eiffel Tower
- Discover the less common sites and neighborhoods of Paris at your own leisure
To review a complete itinerary and reserve your space, please visit our dedicated event page -- hosted by our travel partner, WorldStrides International Discovery -- and use 97930 as your "Trip ID."