The Bentley University Alumni Association seeks membership for its Global Alumni Board annually. Submit a nomination.
The mission of the Bentley University Alumni Association is to actively engage the alumni, parents and friends of the institution in a mutually beneficial and lifelong relationship, and to promote Bentley as a premier global business university.
Each term runs on the university’s fiscal calendar beginning on July 1, and ending on June 30.
What are the terms of membership?:
- Director: Two-year term with a maximum renewal of three consecutive terms.
- Executive Committee: (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer) One-year term subject to renewal.
What annual time commitment is required?
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings (including regular board meetings, committee meetings, annual retreats and ad hoc meetings) and key alumni program events.
The full board meets six to eight times a year via video conference, at times determined by the membership. The board also meets twice on campus: in November and in May, to coincide with Commencement. All board members are expected to be on campus for these meetings and Bentley will cover all travel expenses for alumni who live beyond the local area.
The board develops working committees to conduct most of the board’s business. Current standing committees are the Regional Chapter Committee, Nominations Committee and Communications Committee.
Each director is expected to serve on at least one committee, but most should expect to serve on two.
Other Member Requirements
- Make an annual gift to the university’s Annual Fund.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Alumni Association.
Nominations are accepted throughout the year for available board positions.
Self-nominations are always welcome.
Nominees are selected by the GAB Nominations Committee and approved by the full Global Alumni Board each spring.
Eligible candidates must be graduates of Bentley’s undergraduate or graduate programs. Candidates should have previously demonstrated their commitment and engagement with the university as an alumni volunteer, donor or through event attendance.