You are here

New Students


Welcome to Bentley and the Center for Health and Wellness. We require that every new full-time student complete the following:

AlcoholEdu & Haven 

Complete the AlcoholEdu and Haven online educational programs, by  August 22, 2014 for incoming students in the fall and January 14, 2015. for incoming students in the spring. The courses become available August 1 for Fall semester and December 10 for Spring semester.

Immunizations and Health History

The Bentley Center for Health and Wellness and the state of Massachusetts requires that you complete this health requirement no later than January 14, 2015. You will not be allowed to move into campus housing or begin classes until you have completed the required information.  A physical examination is strongly recommended, but not required. 

Our immunizations coordinator will email students ONLY if their information is incomplete—so no news is good news. 

1. Required Forms: Contact your health care provider to have the required forms (below) completed and signed. 

a.  Bentley Immunization record (A signed copy of an official immunization record from your school or health care provider is also acceptable as long as all required immunizations are up to date.) If all of the vaccine series is not complete, please enter and upload the documentation that you do have. If you have further vaccines after submitting the original documentation, please only submit the additional vaccines.

b.  Tuberculosis screening form

c.  Physical Examination form (optional)

2. Enter your information (below) to your myBentley account or to Online Student Health.  All data entered is submitted directly into your Electronic Medical Record which is secure and strictly confidential, and viewed only by the Center for Health & Wellness staff

a. Medical History — answer the questions regarding your Medical History

b. Immunization Record — enter your vaccine dates as stated on the Immunization Form completed by your health care provider.

3. Upload your documents to myBentley or to Online Student Health

a. Official immunization record

b. TB/Tuberculosis Screening Form

c. Copy of insurance card

d. consent to treat form (if under age 18)

e. optional documentation such as a Meningitis waiver form if waiving vaccine and the Physical Exam form (recommended, not required)


If you prefer forms can be mailed or faxed to our office at : 

Bentley University
Center for Health and Wellness
Rhodes Hall
175 Forest Street
Waltham, MA 02452
Fax: 781.891.3443

If you have questions about the above process, please refer to our vaccine FAQs. If you have further questions, call the center at 781.891.2222. 

Massachusetts college immunization laws require all full-time undergraduate students (12 or more credits) and full-time graduate students (9 or more credits) to have the following immunizations on file at the university. Students who are not in compliance will not be allowed to move into on-campus housing and attend classes. 

In addition to those listed below, we also recommend the following vaccines: Gardasil or Cervarix, and Hepatitis A.



Hepatitis B

Three doses or documentation of a positive antibody titer (HHsAB)

Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)

Two doses of the combined vaccine. The first dose should have been given after your first birthday. If the vaccine dates are not available, a blood test to determine immunity is acceptable. You will need the combined vaccines if there is no immunity. Histories of measles, mumps and rubella are not acceptable.

Meningococcal/meningitis (Menomune, Menactra, Menveo)

Required only if living in on-campus housing. One dose within last five years, or a signed Commonwealth of Massachusetts waiver.

Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (TdaP)

One dose of Tdap within the past 10 years for all undergraduates. One dose of Tdap or Td within the past 10 years for graduate students.


All students must complete the Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire. If found to be at high risk, a health care provider must complete the Medical Evaluation for Latent Tuberculosis.

Varicella (chickenpox)

Two doses given at least one month apart, OR documentation of a positive antibody titer, OR documentation of a reliable history of varicella disease verified by a healthcare provider