We require that every new full-time student completes the following:
Complete AlcoholEdu, an online educational program, by Wednesday, August 21, 2013 for incoming students in the fall and January 13, 2014. for incoming students in the spring.
Immunizations and Health History
Your immunizations and health history are due by July 1 for the fall semester and January 15 for the spring semester.
1. Download the following forms and have your health care provider fill out and sign:
- Immunization record (signed copy of an official immunization record from your health care provider is acceptable)
- Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire and Evaluation
- Physical examination (recommended, but not required)
2. Submit your health history at onlinehealth.bentley.edu.
3. Submit the information from your signed immunization record and emergency contact information to MyBentley. To do so, you will need to have your updated immunization record accessible. Select Tasks and input the following information:
- Immunization records
- Emergency contact information (the only official emergency contact information for the university)
4. Have your parent or guardian complete the Consent for Treatment Form if you will be under age 18 at the start of First Week on August 27, 2013.
5. Read the state’s information about meningococcal disease (required). Sign the waiver form if you choose not to get the meningococcal vaccine.
6. Mail or fax signed hard copies (keep a copy for your own records) of your immunization record, tuberculosis risk questionnaire, consent to treat (if under 18), the meningitis waiver and physical examination to:
Center for Health and Wellness
175 Forest Street
Waltham, MA 02452
If you have questions about the above process, please refer to our vaccine FAQs. If you have further questions, call the center at 781.891.2222. If you are unable to obtain an appointment with your health care provider before July 1, please send all information available at that time and send the rest as soon as possible. We will send an email to notify you if and when all information has been received and is complete. If you are missing information, we will also notify you about which information is still missing.
Massachusetts college immunization laws require all full-time undergraduate students (12 or more credits) and full-time graduate students (9 or more credits) to have the following immunizations on file at the university. Students who are not in compliance will not be allowed to move into on-campus housing and attend classes.
In addition to those listed below, we also recommend the following vaccines: Gardasil or Cervarix, and Hepatitis A.
Three doses or documentation of a positive antibody titer (HHsAB)
Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
Two doses of the combined vaccine. The first dose should have been given after your first birthday. If the vaccine dates are not available, a blood test to determine immunity is acceptable. You will need the combined vaccines if there is no immunity. Histories of measles, mumps and rubella are not acceptable.
Meningococcal/meningitis (Menomune, Menactra, Menveo)
Required only if living in on-campus housing. One dose within last five years, or a signed Commonwealth of Massachusetts waiver.
One dose within the last five years for freshmen (Class of 2017), sophomores (Class of 2016) and juniors (Class of 2015). For all other students, a Td within the past 10 years is acceptable.
Two doses given at least one month apart, OR documentation of a positive antibody titer, OR documentation of a reliable history of varicella disease verified by a healthcare provider