What is wellness? Learning how to take care of your body, your emotional health, and your spiritual well-being are important keys to academic and professional success. Wellness is about personal choice and balance. It is multifaceted and can encompass one or more of the following dimensions:
Wellness at Bentley
Wellness opportunities surround you at Bentley. Check out our wellness map or participate in one of the activities listed below.
View Bentley University Wellness Map in a larger map
We’ve got what it takes to help you stay healthy and fit:
- Check out the Dana Center, fitness classes, intramurals and club sports
- Take advantage of recreational spaces for racquetball, dance, basketball, tennis, volleyball
- Go hiking across the street at the Robert Treat Paine Estate
- Visit the on-campus fall farmstand to buy fresh fruits and vegetables
Looking for something to do?
- Attend a Falcons UNite event, held every Friday and Saturday night from 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Check out Falcons UNite on Facebook and Twitter, or download their iPhone app for a list of upcoming activities.
- Take part in an arts program
- Hang out in the BlueLine
- Join one of our more than 100 student organizations
Taking care of you
- Learn a new relaxation technique to use when you are stressed
- Take 10 minutes each day to unplug from phones, social media and your computer
- Make time to listen, not compete, with your friends. Choose to get involved on campus
- Learn about healthy relationships
Make meaning out of life
- Try a yoga class
- De-stress and connect at Spot O’ Tea programs
- Schedule some “me” time with meditation
- Attend a worship service sponsored by Spiritual Life
Bring value to your work
- Discover where you fit best by taking a Career Test & explore programs & workshops at Career Services
- Become a Certified Bentley Leader
- Learn how to be better team member and leader. Get a group process consultation through the counseling center
Community and Environmental Wellness
Make campus your home away from home and contribute positively to the environment
- Visit the art gallery
- Choose a living and learning specialty housing community
- Join the Green Society or become an eco-rep
- Join the Residence Hall Association
Knowledge is power
- Consider a Liberal Studies major such as Health and Human Industry
- Take part in study abroad short-term or semester-long programs. Scholarships available!
- Attend a Center for International Students and Scholars program such as Festival of Colors or Culturefest
- Visit the library and technology learning labs
- Participate in Academic Services workshops, trainings and tutoring programs
- Apply for a service-learning fourth-credit option
Getting Involved in Campus Wellness
Just some of our opportunities for you to get involved in promoting physical and emotional health include:
Individual and Group Therapy
Individual and group therapy sessions increase awareness and decrease stigma about mental health issues through education and prevention programs. Sessions touch on a variety of subjects, including:
- Suicide prevention
- Stress management
- Healthy relationships
- Eating disorders
- Sexual violence
To book a program with staff from the Center for Health and Wellness, contact Jessica Greher Traue at 781.891.2947 or email@example.com. To book a program with staff from the Counseling Center, contact Stephanie Kendall at 781.891.2274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Health Advisory Committee
Members of the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) help increase awareness of student health issues by:
- Implementing awareness campaigns about student health services and programs
- Conducting on-campus health assessments
- Obtaining student feedback
- Contributing to the overall health and wellness of the student body.
SHAC meets twice monthly during the school year for one hour. For more information, contact Lauren Salmo at email@example.com.
Falcons UNite is made up of a group of students whose primary goal is to ensure that there is always something FUN to do every Friday and Saturday night on campus! Weekly fun includes small dance parties, board game nights, karaoke nights, arts & crafts fun, and more! Have some suggestions for fun events that you want to see or want to get involved in the planning? Email GA_FalconsUNite@bentley.edu for more info!
Falcons UNite coordinates events every Friday and Saturday from 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. You can check them out and learn more about upcoming activities on Facebook.