As part of our comprehensive alcohol abuse prevention and sexual and relationship violence prevention programs, all incoming students, including transfer, exchange students and commuter students, are required to complete the online courses, AlcoholEdu and Haven. These online courses are thoughtful, educated, and educating programs for adults committed to thinking about their life choices. Whether you choose to drink or not, AlcoholEdu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you to reflect on and consider college drinking related issues. Haven teaches students healthy relationships, the importance of consent and being a good communicator, and the many ways you can help create the safe, positive campus you want to be a part of.
Please allow about 3 hours to complete part 1 of both courses. You do not need to take them all at once.
A computer with internet and audio capabilities is need to complete the courses. We recomment using Mozilla FireFox, Safari or Google Chrome.
Part 1 is due August 31st 2015 for Fall matriculation and January 10th 2016 for Spring matriculation. All students who fail to complete AlcoholEdu or Haven will be referred to the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs for conduct action. Additionally, residential Students will be unable to move into on-campus housing.
The course will not be available until early August for Fall admissions. Login information will be emailed to first year, transfer and exchange students and posted on myBentley.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the EverFi Online Technical Support Center is available 24/7 by selecting the Help button located at the top of each AlcoholEdu or Haven screen. You also may call 1.866.384.9062.
If you have completed AlcoholEdu or Haven at another school, you may be eligible to transfer your scores by emailing email@example.com by August 31st 2015 for fall transfer students, and January 10, 2016 for spring transfer students. Please note that some schools may have required AlcoholEdu but not Haven. In such cases, you would still be responsible for completing Haven. Bentley's program coordinator will be able to verify which you completed. Please include the following in an email:
- Bentley ID number
- Previous institution and student ID number
- Email address used to create original AlcoholEdu account
- semester you completed AlcoholEdu
If your score cannot be verified, you will need to take the course again.
Please note that there are several online alcohol education courses to which many colleges subscribe. If you have completed another course at your prior institution, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about transfer credit consideration. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and proof of participation is required.
Parents and Guardians
Bentley does offer AlcoholEdu for Parents. This course provides an overview of what your student is learning. Parents have fouind it helpful in framing discussion around student alcohol use in college.
Although participation in this course is optional for parents and guardians, we encourage you to complete the program to help your student make informed decisions about alcohol as he or she transitions to college life.
- Go to http://parents.alcoholedu.com.
- Under New User, enter the following ID: P164739PARENT. Do not share this website and ID with your student, as he or she will not receive credit for course completion.
- Select Sign Up and follow the screen prompts.
- When you return, log in as a returning user and enter the same email address and password that you used to create your account.
We have provided your student with a separate login ID and instructions for accessing the student version of AlcoholEdu.
Judicially Sanctioned Students
Some students may be required to complete AlcoholEdu as part of the conduct process. This course is different than the new student course. Students must pass the sanctions course with an exam score of 80 percent or higher.
- Go to http://sanctions.alcoholedu.com
- Under New User, enter the following ID: S164739S
- Select Sign Up
- Create your account. You will use this email and password each time you log into the course. We also will send course reminders to this email, especially for Part II.
- When you return to the course, sign in under Returning User with the email and password you used to create your account.