We offer a full range of health services. All full-time students may take advantage of our services, regardless of insurance. You do not need to have the student health insurance plan through Bentley to be seen in the center. Services include:
- Diagnosis and treatment or acute and chronic medical illnesses and injuries
- Women's health care including pap smears, emergency contraception, contraception and pregnancy testing
- Men's health care including testicular exams and contraceptive counseling
- Lifestyle coaching including exercise, nutrition, stress managment, sleep and smoke cessation
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection testing and treatment
- Referrals to medical and dental specialists
- Immunizations and TB testing
- Health Education and Programming
- Alcohol and Other Drug education and programming
Social and Support Groups for Students
The Center for Health and Wellness and the Counseling Center also offer social and support groups for students related to physical and emotional wellness. Health and Wellness hosts groups for students with Crohn’s disease, diabetes, and students who choose to abstain from alcohol. Contact 781.891.2222 for more information. The Counseling Center offers confidential counseling groups to talk about anxiety, loss of a loved one, LGBTQ concerns, multicultural identities, and relationships. Contact 781.891.2274 for more information.
All of our clinicians can prescribe medications as needed. Please remember to bring a credit or debit card and your insurance card to pay for your prescription. Delivery from Osco Pharmacy (Monday through Friday) is available only for prescriptions written in our office.
If you need a prescription not written in our office, Osco (617.489.6542) is located on the Harvard shuttle route at the Waverley Square stop at Shaw’s supermarket. There also are a number of other local pharmacies convenient to the Bentley campus.
Medical Referrals and Tests
We have a network of clinicians and specialists to whom we can refer you. The costs of off-campus health care, including lab tests, medications and X-rays are your full responsibility. Please be aware of how your particular insurance works and what restrictions apply, particularly if you are covered by an HMO. Prior approval from your primary care provider may be required for referrals, lab tests, and medications.
Health and Dental Insurance
All full-time students are required by law to show proof of health insurance every academic year. Find more information about:
- Plan designs, benefits, enrollment and waivers, deadlines and fees
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan benefits
- Student health insurance plan FAQs
- Insurance for graduating students
Most professional services are covered by your tuition. There are administrative fees for immunizations, which are charged to your Falcon Funds. Lab tests completed in our office are charged to your insurance.
We use Quest Diagnostic lab. Some insurance companies require that lab tests go to Lab Corps. Please call your insurance company to verify this and notify us before we send any lab tests.
You should be aware that some private insurance plans have deductibles which must be paid by you before your insurance will cover any charges.
For more information, call 781.891.2222.
No Note Policy
We do not provide notes as excuses for class absences. In all cases of class or work absence, you must communicate directly with your professor or employer to reach a mutually agreeable solution. This communication should take place as soon as possible and preferably prior to a class absence. In the event of a hospitalization, you may give us permission to notify your professor if you are unable to do so.