Resident Assistants (RAs) are upperclass students who live in residence halls and promote safe, inclusive environments, while also developing communities that encourage learning outside of the classroom.
Your RA is your go-to resource for life at Bentley. Some of the job responsibilities include:
- Providing important university information
- Planning educational, social and cultural events
- Helping ease the transition to university life
- Assisting with roommate conflicts
If you are in need of a resident assistant during the day, you may stop by their room within the residence hall or call the main office line at 781-891-2148.
If you are in need of a resident assistant at night, RAs are available during duty hours starting at 7:30pm and running until 8:30am the next day. You may contact the RA via the RA duty phone (number located at the main entrance of each residence hall) or by stopping by the RA Hall office during active duty rounds:
- Sunday - Thursday - 7:30pm to Midnight
- Friday & Saturday - 7:30pm to 2am
Become a Resident Assistant
Are you interested in becoming an RA? Our RAs are full-time, academically successful student leaders living within the residence halls providing a safe environment, resources and engagement to students living in the halls.
- Leadership potential
- Interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Commitment to promoting healthy living and learning environments
Each RA is provided an extensive training twice an academic year that will provide you with all the skills and knowledge needed for the position. August training is a week and a half in length and Winter Training is dependent on the need of the department. For more information regarding the position, check out the RA position description.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
In order to apply, all applicants must have the following:
- At least one semester completed at Bentley University or a prior institution
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Good academic, conduct, and financial standing with the University
- Full time student status
- Must be available for both the fall and spring semester
- Undergraduate Student status to apply
- Newly hired RAs for the Fall 2017 will be required to complete a 5 week workshop series dedicated to further development within the RA role. This workshop series will take place every other week starting on Wednesday, August 30th, 2017 and will run until October 25th, 2017. Workshops will take place during the activity period at 2pm.
Resident Assistant Application Process
The RA application process is thorough, and we hope that you will enjoy and grow from it. The application process includes the opportunity to attend information sessions to learn more about the Resident Assistant position. You will also participate in a Group Process and Individual Interview with members of the Residential Center staff. More information about the Group Process and Individual Interview can be found on the RA application.
When applying, please have the following prepared:
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume highlighting past work experience and leadership experience both on and off campus
- At least 1 faculty/staff reference from the University
Additionally, you will be asked to complete two short essays. Details of this essays are located on the application.
Resident Assistant Application
The RA application is now closed. Applications will reopen for the 18-19 Academic year in the fall semester.