Congratulations on your student’s admission to Bentley University! We are eager to welcome you into our community and help you become aware of all the resources available to you and your student for the next few years. You are welcome to join members of the community during our scheduled family program. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com .
Live Stream Orientation!
For families and friends unable to attend the Family Orientation, please feel free to live stream our morning sessions today starting at 8:30 am. Can't watch today? No worries, In early July we will post official links to various sessions from our family program for your convenience.
Registration for Family Orientation has closed. However check out our live streaming (link will also post to this website in July).
If you are coming to campus to drop off your student on Sunday, please feel free to stop by our Orientation Check in table for more information.
What have Parents and Families have said About our Program:
- Overall, the information provided at the orientation was very informative for both our student and ourselves. The staff was very helpful and friendly.
- I thought the academic/course review was the most important and helpful segment to take away from the day - especially after we met back up with our son and headed home. Having a better understanding of the course selection process and requirements really helped us have a great conversation with him because we understood the specifics of how the students were selecting courses.
- The Bentley staff was warm, welcoming and caring. Keep up this spirit!
- Parent orientation was a very good experience. It was helpful for parents to become part of the Bentley family.
- Wonderful experience. Great way to introduce parents to each other and share our dreams and fears for our kids. I feel much less anxious about the upcoming fall. Thank you.
- Enjoyed the program quite a bit. Feel that my son has picked an awesome and appropriate college for his needs. Feel welcomed to inquire about anything that might concern me.
- All of the morning sessions were highly informative, each of the speakers were very clearly familiar with their topics and demonstrated a passion for Bentley, the students, families, and co-workers.
The program will consist of presentations about the resources and services available to your student as an incoming member of the Bentley University Class of 2019. You will hear from Bentley University staff members whose departments and offices can be pivotal to the success of your students’ adjustment and development here on campus. We are excited about the information they will have to share, and expect that you will find the day both informational and helpful.
Registration will start at 7:30am and take place under the LaCava Tent which is located between the LaCava and Morison Buildings. A continental breakfast will be offered from 7:30am-8:30am at which time the formal program will begin. The full schedule for the day is located here.
Family Orientation Boston Trolley Tour
June 22, 2015 & June 29, 2015
Boston can be a challenging city for out-of-towners to navigate, so we have an excellent opportunity for you! Join us and staff from our Alumni, Parents, and Friends office for a guided trolley tour of Boston on the highly regarded Old Town Trolley tour. The 1 hour and 45 minute ride will cover some of the city’s most historic spots and exciting landmarks.
The tour cost is normally $40/adults and $19/children, but we have a special Bentley Family Orientation rate of $25/adults and $15/children under 16. Any child under the age of 4 is free. The trolley will pick up passengers at 10:00am on both dates from the bus stop outside of LaCava and will return around 1:00pm.
Please purchase tickets for the date when you will be attending Bentley’s orientation program HERE.
Travel & Parking
As you arrive on campus, signage will direct you to park in lots six through nine, indicated on the map as L6, L7, L8, or L9. Please see the attached campus map for further detail. Please consider the possibility of heavy traffic patterns in the Waltham area when planning your arrival time on campus.
Here are some hotels in the area:
- The Westin
- 781.290.5600; 70 Third Avenue Waltham, MA 02451
- Holiday Inn Express
- 781.890.2800; 385 Winter Street Waltham, MA 02451
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is registration required?
We ask that families register ahead of time to allow us to plan appropriately for your arrival. Registration for each Parent & Family Orientation session will close once the date reaches its capacity.
Can I change my registration?
Yes, if space is available in another date we can accommodate your request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to modify your registration.
What time and where is check-in?
Check-in is from 7:30am - 8:30am at the LaCava Tent (B52/52 on campus map). The last session ends at 3:30pm in tandem with the ending of the student program.
Where should I park?
As you arrive on campus, signage will direct you to park in lots six through nine, indicated on the map as L6, L7, L8, or L9. Please see the campus map for further detail. Please consider the possibility of heavy traffic patterns in the Waltham area when planning your arrival time on campus.
Should I attend?
Attendance is not required, but is highly encouraged for parents and families of incoming Bentley University students. Our program is designed specifically to meet the needs of our parent and family population and provides detailed information about Bentley University. We often get asked "Should I attend if we have previously visited Bentley University through an Admissions program?" The feedback we have received from parents is "Yes!" If you are unable to attend the program, set your worries aside. All offices on campus are only a phone call away. We pride ourselves on support so should you have questions for a specific office or department, do not hesitate to reach out!