You are here
The objectives of the ACELAB are:
- To integrate technology into current and developing accounting courses
- To form partnerships with business and not-for-profit entities who can provide software and case materials for student use
- To help students become the "whole business person."
Whole Business Person
The ACELAB helps the student in becoming the "whole business person" by integrating teaching materials with other Bentley departments to improve communication skills and interdisciplinary cases so that students learn how to develop and communicate meaningful accounting information. The AICPA Vision Statement amplifies this by stating that the accountant’s role is:
- Communicating the total picture with clarity and objectivity
- Translating complex information into critical knowledge
- Anticipating and creating opportunities
- Designing pathways that transform vision into reality
The lab assistants frequently work with student groups as they put their final touches on PowerPoint presentations or Excel spreadsheets.