The Center for Women and Business (CWB) offers a Fellowship for approximately 20 male and female undergraduate students each spring semester. The program enhances students' real-world understanding of contemporary women’s and families’ workplace issues, with a focus on the advancement of women in the corporate sector.
Through the Fellowship, students delve into issues such as the millennial generation’s impact on the workplace, managing confidence, the benefits of gender balance, gender intelligence, unconscious bias, men as allies, the wage gap, mentorship and sponsorship, and strategic authenticity.
The Fellowship is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors in good standing.
The program runs from February through May.
Fellowship Application Process
To apply for the Fellowship, students must write a 500-700 word essay describing why they are interested in participating. The essay may include information about personal, academic or employment experiences that have informed the applicants’ views and interest in participating. The essay may also include personal goals for the Fellowship. Applications for spring 2017 fellowships are closed.
Fellowship Program Components
- Participate in one CWB-organized visit to a Boston-area business to discuss its women’s initiatives and related challenges (Friday afternoon 3 pm – dinner afterwards).
- Participate in group mentoring with professional women (approximately three-four meetings during the semester).
- Participate in two roundtable discussions with CWB staff.
- Contribute to CWB Fellowship reflection blog ~ One-two paragraph responses to questions related to fellowship events.
- Participate in one meeting with CWB Student Fellowship Program Alums.
- Make a short final presentation on your fellowship experience to the CWB Fellows at a wrap-up event.
- Become part of the CWB Fellowship Alum Network after completing the program.
- You will have an opportunity to informally mentor CWB Fellows.
- After graduating from Bentley, you will be invited to participate in the CWB’s annual Gearing Up Conference. This conference is designed for women in the first decade of their careers.
- Opportunity to volunteer or attend related events such as:
CWB Fellowship Historian
The CWB Fellowship offers one $500 scholarship to a student who will serve as the CWB Fellowship Historian. After being accepted to the program, students may apply for the scholarship. The Historian will record the knowledge and experience that all Fellows have captured through participation in the Fellowship.
- Manage the CWB Fellowship reflection blog. This includes summarizing responses by CWB Fellows to reflection questions.
- Post online journal entries to the CWB Fellowship reflection blog about current news.
- Manage the CWB Fellowship Instagram account.
- At the end of the program, develop an 8-12 page analysis paper of the program using the Fellowship blog posts and the Historian's journal entries.
Scholarship application details are provided upon acceptance to the CWB Fellowship Program.
Questions? Contact Dorothy Polatin, CWB Program Assistant, email@example.com, 781-891-2189