You are here
Improving the setup process of a Bluetooth speaker system
Client: Well known speaker manufacturer
Project Characteristics: Usability Testing, Iterative Testing, Lean UX
Industry: Hardware, Consumer Electronics
A leading speaker manufacturer’s new product combined speakers with an app that enabled users to control which music is played in each room by a touch of a button on their phone. They worked with the User Experience Center to make sure the multi-step setup process was as seamless as possible.
- Evaluate several different design ideas with multiple users in a short time span.
- Allow design iteration throughout the study
- Provide insight and design ideas to streamline the product setup process.
- Creating a lean testing process for hardware product testing
- Incorporating iterative design directly into the usability testing process
- Generating design solutions in a short time span.
Working closely with the client’s user experience team, the UXC designed a lean, iterative usability test. As part of the test, the UXC created short 1-2 day sprints which integrated usability testing and design. This process enabled the the UXC to test many design ideas quickly, and generated new ideas as they moved forward through the process.