Focus groups are a useful technique for gathering qualitative insights from customers or prospects. Focus groups reveal barriers in product adoption, brand perceptions, and potential new products or features based on unmet needs. Focus groups are also a very effective means to gather initial impressions of different design concepts.
Focus groups are run by our senior staff, with typically 6-10 participants. The UXC staff is well versed in creating an environment that allows for the exchange of ideas and opinions among all participants.
Focus groups can be run out of our state-of-the-art facilities in the UXC, or done in other cities through the use of a rented facility.
What We Do
- Recruit and schedule participants
- Create discussion guides and other test materials
- Facilitate focus groups
- Focus groups can be observed live in our observation rooms, or via live stream
- Synthesize data from the focus group
- Present findings and recommendations
When to Consider Focus Groups
- Collect feedback on early design concepts, prior to the development of a prototype
- Identify most significant barriers to product adoption and usage
- Generate ideas for new products or features
- Understand perceptions of the brand compared to the competition