The BBB competition levels are based upon class codes as of January 1, 2017.
- Class code 1 and 2
- Class code 3 and 4
- Class code 5 and 6
- Class code 7 and 8
Students compete in teams of five students within the same class code against teams in the same level. Mixed teams will NOT be allowed to compete. If you have any questions about your class code, refer to MyBentley or your DAS report.
Students are presented with case(s) in the morning that will require critical thinking and the application of a team’s knowledge of ethics, business, accounting, and information technology. Students can use any resources available on campus in preparing solutions except consulting with non-team members.
Each team will present in the afternoon before a panel of judges drawn from the professional community. Teams are encouraged to use PowerPoint or other technology to enhance their presentation.
Judges will use the following criteria to evaluate presentations:
- Critical Issues: Did the team clearly and appropriately identify the critical issued rased by the case?
- Evidence: The team's analysis showed excellent use of evidence, including supplemental research as appropriate.
- Recommendations: The recommendations clearly addressed the critical issues. Recommendations were feasible, creative, and appropriate.
- Q&A: Answers during the Q & A portion were clear, thoughtful, and relevant. All team members participated in the presentation.
- Overall impression: The team gave a credible, persuasive, and professional presentation.
Networking Session and Presentation of Awards
The Networking/Awards Reception will be held at 4:00 p.m. in the Executive Dining Room in LaCava. Prizes and Raffles will be announced at this time. (Participants will receive a gift and raffle ticket upon completion of a brief survey and returning the team flashdrive after the team's final presentation.)
View a video of the 2011 Bentley Business Bowl
Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, RSM, Plum Choice, PwC, and Withum
The Bentley Business Bowl is co-sponsored by the Student Chapter of the National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) and Bentley's Office of Diversity and Inclusion.