Information for Families
The 2014 Commencement ceremonies take place on the South Campus, outdoors, under a tent on the football field. The ceremonies are held rain or shine.
The Undergraduate Ceremony begins promptly at 10:00 a.m. and lasts until approximately 12:30 p.m. Doors will open for guest seating at 7:00 a.m. No access to the Commencement venue will be allowed before 7:00 a.m.
The Graduate School ceremony begins promptly at 3:00 p.m. and lasts until approximately 4:30 p.m. Doors will open for guest seating at 1:30 p.m.
Information for Both Commencement Ceremonies
- Guests may utilize available seating outside of the main tent and field hockey field if they arrive early; the retail tent will also be open at 7:00 a.m. for refreshments.
- Tickets are not required for Commencement. All students will receive five formal announcements to send to family and friends.
- Undergraduates should go to the Registrar’s Office, Rauch 111, to pick up their announcements. Evening students pick-up will be in the reception area of Academic Services, LIN 21. The date for announcement pickup is to be determined.
- Graduate students who have indicated that they plan to attend the Commencement ceremony will receive the announcements in the mail.
- Additional announcements, both generic and personalized, may be purchased at the Bentley Bookstore.
- Although there is unlimited seating, it is on a first-come, first-served basis and the saving of seats prior to Commencement will not be permitted. If your family or group would like to sit together at the ceremony, please arrive together. Ushers have been instructed to request that signs, tape and other devices be removed so that all seats will be available to everyone on a first-come/first-served basis.
- For guests who prefer to sit indoors, the ceremony is broadcast live on a video screen in the Dana Center Gymnasium.
- We ask that guests remain in their seats until the end of the ceremony.
- Immediately following each ceremony there will be a tent reception with fresh fruit, cheese, crackers, beverages and other refreshments for graduates, their guests and the university community.
- Bentley is committed to improving accessibility and providing accommodation for those with mobility, visual, or hearing impairments. There will be sign-language interpreters at the ceremony and reserved seating will be provided upon request. To reserve seating, please fill out our form.
Security at all public events on campus has increased. This is done to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Wherever possible please leave your bags and similar items in your car or at home. Small bags, pocketbooks, camera bags, etc., will be screened and inspected at designated checkpoints prior to being allowed inside the Commencement venue. No other bags, gift bags, wrapped presents, backpacks, duffel bags, or other such items will be allowed into the Commencement venue. Guests are encouraged to keep their belongings with them throughout the event.