Information for Graduates
- Graduates are asked to report to the Dana Center with cap, gown and hood no later than one hour before your ceremony begins.
- Please tell your friends and family to arrive early. Although there is unlimited seating, it is on a first-come/first-served basis and the saving of seats will not be permitted.
- For the Undergraduate ceremony, doors will open for guest seating at 7:00 a.m. No access to the Commencement venue will be allowed before 7:00 a.m. For the graduate ceremony, doors will open for guest seating at 1:30 p.m.
- Guests may utilize available seating outside of the main tent and field hockey field if they arrive early. The retail tent will also be open at 7:00 a.m. for refreshments.
- Guests are not allowed to save seats in the main tent.
- For any of your guests who prefer indoor seating, the ceremony is broadcast live on a video screen in the Dana Center Gymnasium.
- Immediately following the ceremonies there will be a tent reception with fresh fruit, cheese, crackers, beverages and other refreshments for graduates, their guests and the university community.
Security at all public events on campus has increased. This is done to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Wherever possible please leave your bags and similar items in your car or at home. Small bags, pocketbooks, camera bags, etc., will be screened and inspected at designated checkpoints prior to being allowed inside the Commencement venue. No other bags, gift bags, wrapped presents, backpacks, duffel bags, or other such items will be allowed into the Commencement venue. Guests are encouraged to keep their belongings with them throughout the event.
Five formal announcements to send to family and friends are available for all students.
- Undergraduates should go to the Registrar’s Office, Rauch 111, to pick up their announcements.
- Graduate students who have indicated that they plan to attend the Commencement ceremony will receive the announcements in the mail.
- Additional announcements, both generic and personalized, may be purchased at the Bentley Bookstore.
Graduation announcements are not seating tickets. Tickets are not required for Commencement.
Caps and Gowns
Academic regalia (cap, tassel, hood and gown) is required for participation in the Commencement ceremony.
Purchase the items at www.mygraduationstore.com/bentley. The cost of cap, gown, and tassel is $50 for undergraduates and $55 for graduates. You will order online and pick-up your regalia on campus. You must order by April 25 so the regalia is available for you to pick up on campus.
Pick up your regalia at Jenison 218
April 29th from 1:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
May 8th 1:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Or from the Dana Center lobby
May 16th 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please Note Regalia Colors:
- Bachelor of Arts students should have a white hood and tassel.
- Bachelor of Science students should have a drab (beige) hood and tassel.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematical Sciences and Actuarial Science should have a golden yellow hood and tassel.
- Graduate Students should have drab (beige) hood and tassel.
- PHD candidates wear custom authentic Bentley University doctoral regalia. (Doctoral robes are rentals but candidates also have the option to purshase their regalia).