International Summer Institute at Bentley
Bentley, a leading business University located near Boston, offers business students an innovative and exciting summer program designed to meet their needs for study abroad in the United States: the International Summer Institute at Bentley (ISIB). The program will be offered from July 7 to 27, 2014.
The ISIB will be held on the Bentley campus, located just minutes from downtown Boston. The ISIB provides participants an opportunity to learn about the key prevailing business trends and issues through academic seminars, company visits and meetings with business executives. The program also includes a wide range of cultural activities.
The program focuses on the key prevailing business trends and issues: globalization and the growing importance of emerging markets; the increasing role of social networking technologies in transforming the enterprise; the critical role of global marketing activities, and the growing dominance of service industries on the global stage triggered by the information technology revolution.
The academic component consists of 60 hours of classroom instructions, or eight ECTS credits, including company visits and roundtable discussion with business executives in seminar format on:
- The Economics of Globalization
- Globalization and the Rise of Multinationals from the Emerging Economies
- Global Marketing Simulation
- Transforming the Enterprise with Social Networking and Web 2.0 Technologies
- World-Class Service
For more details see Seminar Topics.
Organized cultural activities and excursions will be an integral part of the ISIB. These activities are designed to enhance participants’ understanding of American culture. Furthermore, students will have ample time to learn about each other’s culture and explore the historic city of Boston. Cultural activities include:
- Excursions into Boston and New York City
- Day trip to the Atlantic coast in the beautiful State of Rhode Island, including an opportunity to relax on the beach
- Sightseeing tour of Boston and New York City;
- A Broadway show in New York;
- “National Night,” a Bentley event where participants introduce their home country culture through a variety of cultural presentations such as skits, dances and songs
- Opportunity to interact with Bentley students who will accompany participants to all cultural activities and excursions