The Bentley Leadership Floor (BLF) will provide a community for students to engage and continue their growth as Certified Bentley Leaders. Students, who have met the requirements or are in the process of becoming a Certified Bentley Leader, will continue to support and educate each other through living and learning on a specialty community floor. Throughout their sophomore year, CBL residents will optimize their experiences on their respective paths of becoming effective leaders by living on the BLF and serving as mentor to the aspiring CBL students. As members of the BLF you will have the opportunity to network with professionals, bond with floor members through intentional programming, informal conversations and gatherings.
The success of the community and the fulfillment of its mission are dependent upon full participation of all members. The Residential Center may ask students who violate these agreements to re-evaluate their commitment to the Bentley Leadership Floor.
Ways to apply
Every person must fill out an application for the BLF. Aspiring CBL students must meet the requirements for the Spring 14 semester and the Fall 14 semester in order to stay living on the BLF.
1. Apply as a CBL HOPEFUL with no prefernece of roommates.
2. Apply as a CBL HOPEFUL with preference of CBL hopeful roommates (please mark down roommates on the second page of the application under housing information).
3. Apply as a CBL HOPEFUL with preference of aspiring (new to the CBL program) CBL roommates (please mark down roommates on the second page of the application under housing information).
- If you apply fo the BLF and are selected this will count as one of your CBL requirements for the semester!
- If you would like to be considered for the opportunity to live on the BLF, please note you will be expected to:
- Abide all regulations outlined in the Residence Hall Policies and Bentley Student Handbook
- Actively participate in the residence hall community
- I.e. programs, roommate contracts, floor meetings, provide feedback once a semester
- The Residence Director will assign members of the BLF community to a group to plan one program during the academic year. Funds will be provided by the Residential Center and Student Activities.
- Establish and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Successfully obtain and maintain status within the CBL program.
Please note the Bentley Leadership Floor is located on the ground floor of Fenway.
Each part of the community questionnaire should be answered and submitted by 1:00p.m. on Thursday, February 27th, 2014.