Who We Are
Our mission is to prepare and train individuals to be confident to lead in a multicultural business environment. We achieve this through partnering international graduate students with domestic students, faculty, and staff. Through these partnerships, our program strives to:
- Assist international students in developing key language skills
- Broaden all partners’ cultural and diversity awareness
- Build relationships across cultures
- Provide members with confidence and the ability to easily and effectively communicate with anyone — valuable skills in both networking and in the workplace
What We Do
We ask that partners meet a minimum of two times per month in person. Meetings can be wherever you and your partner decide, on or off campus. The program is extremely flexible. As long as both you and your partner are satisfied with the arrangement, you can do whatever you’d like. In addition to individual partner meetings, we hold fun group cultural events to let partners experience and learn about both foreign and U.S. cultures.
How Joining Can Benefit You
Becoming a conversation partner provides members of the Bentley community with an easy and enjoyable way to give back, while also boosting your resume. Our program provides:
- Improved communication skills and experience in communicating through language barriers
- Increased knowledge and awareness of other cultures and perspectives
- An easy way to show employers your acceptance and knowledge of diversity
How to Join
Please fill out the Conversation Partners Intake Form to sign up; the information will be sent to us directly. Please note that the pairing process occurs in the order that forms are received (first come, first served), but it also depends on being able to find an appropriate match.
We have also provided a list of resources that you can refer to if needed.
Help Us Improve
Send us your feedback using our anonymous Comments and Suggestions form. We need your help to make our program better!
Check out some of our previous members’ comments about the Conversation Partners Program on our testimonials page.
By participating in this community effort, we represent Bentley University and therefore adhere to the Bentley Beliefs and the Rights, Responsibilities, and Policies of the University. These can be found online on pages 1 and 2 of The Graduate Student Handbook. Please familiarize yourself with these policies and beliefs.
Email us at: GA_ConversationPartners@Bentley.edu