Welcome to the Bentley University McCallum Graduate School of Business!
Now that you have been accepted and made your decision to attend Bentley University for your graduate studies, here are the first 10 things, you need to do.
- Submit Graduate School Deposit: In MyBentley, simply click on the Pay Graduate Deposit link and follow the instructions provided in your acceptance letter.
- Accept the “Technology Agreement”
This is the first step in setting up access to your Bentley email and all of the other Network resources you will use during your graduate studies. Log into MyBentley and agree to the “Technology Ethics Agreement” statement. You will receive an email with instructions for setting up your various Bentley accounts. Wait until the next day to do step 3.
- Set up your Bentley Email Short Name: The next day, visit the New Student Technology Overview page and review and complete each of the bulleted items. This must be done in order to access the full range of technology resources and advising services. If you need assistance, the email and phone contact info is provided on the page.
- Consult with an Academic Advisor: Graduate Student and Academic Services advisers can help you develop your personal degree completion plan. We are available for office, phone or Skype appointments during scheduled times. Please note: Student must complete their degree(s) within 5 years.
- Register for Classes: Review online course registration materials via the Registrar's Office website. Information about registration times will be posted on the Academics Tab of your MyBentley Account one week prior to the registration date. Registration for the Fall 2016 Term is now underway for new and continuing students.
- Contact Information: Verify that your contact information is correct in MyBentley: select Student Self-Service, Personal Information and then View Address and Phone. If your contact information needs to be updated, please submit the Graduate Forms/Address Update to the Registrar’s Office. All mail that is sent to graduate students from the university will be sent to your Permanent Address (PR) unless there is a listing for a Local (LO) or Dorm (DO) Address.
- Review Health Care Requirements: Student requirements for health insurance vary based upon registered course credits. Students registered for nine credits or more are required to complete a health care form and provide immunization records based upon registered course credits.
- Attend Orientation: New students are highly encouraged to attend New Student Orientation. Information about Fall Orientation can be found here Orientation Information Fall 2016.docx. The dates for Fall 2016 Orientation are:
~ International Students – Sunday, August 21, 2016. Required attendance for holders of F-1 Visas
~ All Students – Monday, August 22, 2016
- Transportation and Housing: Shuttle service is offered. Please check the Campus Life website for shuttle schedules. If you will be driving to campus for classes, you will need to obtain a parking sticker for your vehicle. To look for places to live visit FullDorm.com.
- Obtain your Falcon Student Identification Card: Registered students can visit the Campus Police Card Office approximately three weeks before classes start.