Graduate Student and Academic Services is responsible for promoting student learning through an intentionally structured co-curricular experience. The items below have been designed to provide new students with an introduction to the graduate experience.
- Submit Graduate School Deposit : In MyBentley, simply click on the Pay Graduate Deposit link and follow the instructions provided in your acceptance letter.
- Accept the “Technology Agreement” and set up your Bentley Email Short Name:
Setting up your short name is essential to access all available technology resources and advising services that you will need as a new student and throughout your graduate studies. Log into MyBentley and agree to the “Technology Ethics Agreement” statement. The next day visit the New Student Technology Overview page and complete the tasks detailed in the “As a new student you should” section. If you need assistance, the email and phone contact info is provided on the page. Until you set up and log on with your short name, you will NOT be able to make an advising appointment or register for any events via your MyBentley ADVISING AND EVENTS tab.
Register for Classes: Review online course registration materials via the Registrar's Office website. Information about registration time may be found on the first FAQ.
Attend Orientation: New students are highly encouraged to attend New Student Orientation, and the annual Graduate School Summit at Homecoming.
Transportation and Housing: Make your commute more enjoyable by securing housing close to the Bentley 200 Shuttle Service route. Search for housing after logging onto MyBentley and accessing Full Dorm.
Contact Information: Verify that your contact information is correct in MyBentley: select Student Self-Service, Personal Information and then View Address and Phone. If your contact information needs to be updated, please submit the Graduate Forms/Address Update to the Registrar’s Office. All mail that is sent to graduate students from the university will be sent to your Permanent Address (PR) unless there is a listing for a Local (LO) or Dorm (DO) Address.
- Review Health Care Requirements: Student requirements for health insurance vary based upon registered course credits. Students registered for nine credits or more are required to complete a health care form and provide immunization records based upon registered course credits.
- Consult with an Academic Adviser: we are able to make in office, phone or Skype appointments during scheduled times. We also offer online chats. Email us for more details.
- Obtain your Falcon Student Identification Card: Registered students can visit the Campus Police Card Office approximately three weeks before classes start.
- Obtain a Parking Sticker: Login to My-Bentley and select Student Self-Service, Personal Information and then Request a Parking Decal. Complete the questions and print the confirmation and bring it to Campus Police along with your vehicle registration. Parking decals are available approximately three weeks before classes start. Make sure you are familiar with campus parking regulations before classes begin.
- Utilize Your New Network: The McCallum Graduate School offers multiple opportunities for engagement with classmates, working professionals, alumni, and faculty. Successful professionals make the most of every available network.