Step One: Declaration Process for Juniors and First-Semester Seniors
Print and fill out the Master’s Candidate Program Declaration Form, and drop it of at the Graduate Student and Academic Services Office (LaCava Center 295) during normal business hours.
Master’s Candidate Declaration Forms: Students may submit their declaration form to the Office of Graduate Student and Academic Services (LaCava Center 295).
The timeframe for submission of the Master's Candidate Declaration Form is:
- Opens at 8:30 a.m. on the first day of the junior term
- Closes at 4:30 p.m. on the first day of a student’s final senior term
The opening and closing period dates are hard deadlines and no exceptions will be made.
Any student that misses the closing deadline noted above must contact the Admissions Office of the Graduate School of Business (LaCava Center 295) for guidance on the different admission requirements for Bentley University non-Master’s Candidate students. Students are strongly urged to declare as soon as qualifications are met for the program.
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.20 to remain in the program, to register for a blended term, and to officially apply to the Graduate School. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Students accepted to the Graduate School under the terms of the Masters Candidate program, but who complete their undergraduate program with a GPA that falls below the 3.2 minimum standard, will have their acceptance to the Graduate School nullified and will be required to reapply as a standard new applicant for admittance.
- Students who transferred into Bentley from another institution must complete at least one full semester at Bentley and have Bentley grades posted before declaring intention for the Master's Candidate Program.
- Students must also be matriculated in an undergraduate day program in order to be eligible to declare intention for the Master’s Candidate Program. Students in the undergraduate evening program are not eligible for the Master’s Candidate Program, but are welcome to apply to the Graduate School of Business through the traditional application process.
- Students who take the GMAT or GRE to be considered for aid should not submit scores that do not meet the minimum 500 (GMAT) or equivalent (GRE) required for admission consideration. Scores submitted will be used as part of the admission evaluation regardless of a student's 3.20 GPA standing.
Step Two: Final Application Process for Seniors
- In the last semester of senior year (class code 8), students in the program must submit an application for admission to the Graduate School. Students must have a minimum cumulative 3.20 GPA to be eligible to complete the final step.
- Graduate Admission Application Process