International Graduate Tutorials are one on one tutorials available 15 hours a week during the fall and spring semester and 10 hours a week during the summer terms. If you wish to come in a small group for small group discussions, email Prof. Wright to arrange your sessions.
Tutorials take place in the Adamian Academic Center in the English Dept. room 095 on the lower level.
Email Prof. Mary Wright in the English and Media Studies Dept. to make an appointment. email@example.com office: AAC 095, 781 891-2055
During tutorials, you can…
- Receive feedback on your papers due for class
- Practice your business English by speaking and listening to high level business oriented materials
- Practice a presentation due for one of your classes
- Develop your executive level business vocabulary
- Practice mock job interviews, and get feedback on resumes and cover letters
- Practice your English pronunciation using targeted pronunciation materials designed for your native language speaking errors. Use of several intensive pronunciation materials available.
- If you have a teaching assistantship, you may ask for an observation-feedback session with Prof. Wright
International graduates may also seek tutorials with the ESOL Center, library lower level when graduate tutorials are booked. http://www.bentley.edu/academics/departments/english-and-media-studies/esol-center
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE WORKSHOPS
Additionally, you are welcome to attend a once weekly Academic Excellence workshop that primarily focuses on intensive speaking skills. International graduate students read short cases and negotiate them on teams. You will receive feedback on your speaking and pronunciation skills. We also cover resume and cover letter writing, communication skills as well as other advanced level writing and speaking skills in these workshops.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the workshops.