In addition to gaining a firm foothold in financial theory, students develop the ability to analyze the relevant issues, consider options, and make informed decisions. Much like today’s workplace, the master's in finance curriculum is infused with technology which gives graduates a competitive edge in the job market. The program was recently recognized by the CFA Institute under the University Recognition Program, signifying the abundance of real-world material preparing students to be successful in their CFA examinations. The Bentley MSF is also an academic partner with the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) for their Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation, which is the leading certification in the field of quantitative risk analysis.
The Bentley Master of Finance degree offers students:
- The Bentley MSF has two paths. The first is a 10-course Finance path and can be completed in 9 to 15 months. The second is a new 12-course Quantitative Finance path that has more of a mathematical and capital markets focus and can be completed in 15 to 20 months. The Quantitative Finance path is a STEM designated program which under current regulations allows international students to apply for a total of three years of OPT upon graduation.
- Flexible course schedules that provide students the opportunity to complete the program in either 12 or 16 months depending upon their preference.
- Hands-on experience in the Trading Room, exposing them to the hardware, software, and other applications used by today’s financial managers.
- Insight from business partners who visit classes, as well as the opportunity to develop relationships with those partners.
- An opportunity to join the Bentley Investment Group (BIG), a student-managed investment firm that invests on behalf of the Bentley University endowment.
- Longstanding recruiting and placement relationships with regional and national firms; state, local and federal government agencies; and leading corporations around the world.
- A strong alumni network that aids your job search and career advancement.
Interested in learning more about the Master of Science in Finance Program?
Our Admissions Staff would be happy to speak with you about your plans for pursuing a graduate degree. For Admissions related questions, please contact Colleen O'Brien. For curriculum related questions, please contact Program Director, Claude Cicchetti.