Welcome to the Bentley University McCallum Graduate School of Business! Now that you have been accepted and made your decision to attend Bentley University for your graduate studies, here are the first 10 things you need to do.
- Submit Graduate School Deposit: In MyBentley, simply click on the Pay Graduate Deposit link and follow the instructions provided in your acceptance letter.
- Accept the “Technology Agreement” & Set up your Bentley Email Short Name: Accepting the “Technology Agreement” is the first step in setting up access to your Bentley email and all of the other Network resources you will use during your graduate studies. Log in to MyBentley and agree to the “Technology Ethics Agreement” statement. By doing this, you will receive an email with instructions for setting up your Bentley accounts. This process takes 24-48 hours and does not happen immediately. Please visit the New Student Technology Overview page and review and complete each of the mandatory bulleted items.
- Consult with an Academic Advisor: Graduate Student Academic Services advisers can help you develop your personal degree completion plan. We are available for office, phone or Skype appointments during scheduled times. Please note: Student must complete their degree(s) within 5 years.
- Registration Information: Review online course registration materials via the Registrar's Office website. Information about registration times will be posted on the Academics Tab of your MyBentley account approximately two weeks prior to the start of registration. Registration for Spring 2017 semester begins Monday, November 28th for graduating students and Tuesday, November 29th for new and returning students.
- Contact Information: Verify that your contact information is correct in MyBentley: select Student Self-Service, Personal Information and then View Address and Phone. If your contact information needs to be updated, please submit the Graduate Forms/Address Update to the Registrar’s Office. All mail that is sent to graduate students from the university will be sent to your Permanent Address (PR) unless there is a listing for a Local (LO) or Dorm (DO) Address.
- Review Health Care Requirements: Student requirements for health insurance vary based upon registered course credits. Students registered for nine credits or more are required to complete a health care form and provide immunization records based upon registered course credits.
- Attend Orientation: New students are highly encouraged to attend New Student Orientation. Orientation is a great way to learn more about university resources and allows you to connect with faculty, staff and current students. Once the Spring Orientation Schedule is finalized, it will be emailed to all new students and posted on this website. The dates for Spring 2017 Orientation are:
~ International Students – Friday, January 20, 2017 - Required attendance for holders of F-1 Visas
~ All Students – Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Shuttle Service: For the 2016-2017 Academic Year, Bentley University provides two distinct shuttle routes for all Bentley students: the Campus Loop Bus (with stops at Gardencrest Apartments) and the Harvard Square Bus. Please check the Bentley University Shuttle Website for shuttle routes and schedules. If you will be driving to campus for classes, you will need to obtain a parking sticker for your vehicle. Depending on location, some graduate students also use other transportation options to get to campus such as taxis, public transportation, and car-share programs.
- Finding a Place to Live: Graduate on-campus housing is very limited, so most graduate students live off-campus. To look for places to live, visit the Graduate Student Housing Website, FullDorm.com or Bentley University Off-Campus Housing Service. These websites will provide a variety of housing options for graduate students. If you plan to use the shuttle this 2016-2017 Academic Year, please use the shuttle link above when considering all housing options.
- Obtain your Falcon Student Identification Card: Registered students can visit the Campus Police Card Office as early as three weeks before the start of classes to obtain their student ID.