You are here
Bentley Stands With Boston
As our community continues to offer sympathy, prayers and support to all of those affected by Monday’s tragic events during the Boston Marathon, please remember there are a variety of resources available on campus:
- Students who need support or guidance can go to the Residential Center in the Student Center, the Counseling Center, Bentley University Health and Wellness or the Spiritual Life Center. You can also reach out to your Resident Assistant.
- Faculty and staff may contact KGA, our employee assistance program, which is available to you and your household members. You can reach KGA at 800-648-9557.
We know many in our community may want to help in some way. Below are a few official channels for giving back:
- The American Red Cross urges those interested in donating blood to make appointments in the coming weeks and months to meet their ongoing needs. You can do so by calling 1-800-RED CROSS or visiting their website.
- Support Bentley’s student group Circle K’s blood drive in conjunction with the America Red Cross is on Thursday, April 18 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM in the Student Center, Back Bay Room. Walk-ins are welcomed and if you need to schedule a time, contact Kaity Hooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Tom Menino have announced the formation of The One Fund Boston, Inc. for donations to help the victims and their families.
- The Bentley Graduate Student Association will hold a one day fundraiser for The One Fund on Thursday, April 18 from 10:00 AM to 7:00PM. Visit the Bentley GSA table at Smith 3rd Floor; donate and write your best wishes and sign the #gsaforboston banner; take pictures and share them on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) with the #gsaforboston.
A fund has been set up to support Celeste and Sydney Corcoran, the sister-in-law and niece of alumnus Rich Acabbo ’96, who will together face a long road to recovery after suffering grave injuries as a result of the marathon bombings. We wish Rich and his family, especially Celeste and Sydney, much strength and healing during this challenging time in their lives. Read more of their story here.
BENTLEY UNIVERSITY is one of the nation’s leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader – one with the deep technical skills, broad global perspective, and high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. Our rich, diverse arts and sciences program, combined with an advanced business curriculum, prepares informed professionals who make an impact in their chosen fields. Located on a classic New England campus minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers. The Graduate School emphasizes the impact of technology on business practice, in offerings that include MBA and Master of Science programs, PhD programs in accountancy and in business, and customized executive education programs. The university enrolls approximately 4,100 full-time undergraduate, 140 adult part-time undergraduate, 1,430 graduate, and 43 doctoral students. Bentley is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges; AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business; and the European Quality Improvement System, which benchmarks quality in management and business education. For more information, please visit www.bentley.edu.
Want more stories like this?
College Factual, an online portal designed to assist students in selecting a college, has released its top colleges for a degree in finance ranking and Bentley University stands at #4 overall in the U.S.