You are here
Bentley Hosts New England’s Premier Tax Conference
Bentley University hosts the 19th annual IRS Town Meeting on Monday, October 22, 2012 featuring a keynote address by IRS Fraud and Bank Secrecy Act Director William P. Marshall. The program, sponsored by the Bentley Law, Taxation and Financial Planning Department and the Internal Revenue Service, is considered to be the premier tax conference in New England for lawyers, CPA’s, enrolled agents, and return preparers.
The IRS Town Meeting runs from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and also features several special speakers:
- Karen Hawkins, Director, IRS Office of Professional Responsibility, Washington, D.C.
- Art Ayotte, Field Director, IRS, Andover Campus
- Bryan Inoue, Director, Examination, Small Business/Self-Employed Division, North Atlantic Area
The program will also include the following four panels led by Internal Revenue employees, Bentley faculty and practitioners:
- Hot Topics - This panel will discuss how changes to tax law impact taxpayers and the IRS as well as some of the areas of focus identified in the National Taxpayer Advocate Report to Congress.
- Protection from Identity Theft Schemes – This discussion will focus on IRS' detection, prevention and victim assistance measures for identity theft and how this can affect return filing and processing.
- Ethics - Circular 230 contains the standards of tax practice for all registered tax return preparers and enrolled agents. The OPR administers the substantive standards and makes recommendations for practitioner discipline. This session will provide an overview of the scope of Circular 230, the oversight responsibilities of the OPR, and the disciplinary process and sanctions.
- Inside IRS SB/SE Examination and Collection – This panel will allow participants to review the basics of the current Exam procedures, the best way to respond to information requests in field examination, and how compliance solutions can be more flexible.
Participants who complete the seminar receive 8.0 CPE credit hours including 2 hours of ethics.
For questions please call or email Roseann Cotoni, 781-891-3198, email@example.com
BENTLEY UNIVERSITY is one of the nation’s leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader – one with the deep technical skills, broad global perspective, and high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. Our rich, diverse arts and sciences program, combined with an advanced business curriculum, prepares informed professionals who make an impact in their chosen fields. Located on a classic New England campus minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers. The Graduate School emphasizes the impact of technology on business practice, in offerings that include MBA and Master of Science programs, PhD programs in accountancy and in business, and customized executive education programs. The university enrolls approximately 4,100 full-time undergraduate, 140 adult part-time undergraduate, 1,430 graduate, and 43 doctoral students. Bentley is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges; AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business; and the European Quality Improvement System, which benchmarks quality in management and business education. For more information, please visit www.bentley.edu.
Want more stories like this?
Bentley’s Class of 2019 arrived to campus, equipped with XL twin sheets, Command hooks, mini-fridges and chargers. The 925 students trekked from 44 countries and 33 U.S.