You are here
Bentley University Presents Executive Development Course on How to Create and Manage Effective Ethics Program, June 7 to June 11, 2010
May 18, 2010
The Center for Business Ethics at Bentley University will present a five-day executive development course that will give ethics and compliance officers the tools to create and manage effective ethics, compliance, and business conduct programs. "Managing Ethics in Organizations" will be held from June 7 to June 11 at Bentley, 175 Forest Street, Waltham, Mass. The course is co-sponsored by the Ethics and Compliance Officer Association, and provides Continuing Education credits. For registration information, contact the Center for Business Ethics at (781) 891-2981 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program has been offered annually since 1995, with a total of more than 1,000 participants. It features an experienced ethics and compliance officers, industry experts, and academicians using a proven, strategic approach that addresses critical issues currently facing the ethics and compliance field. Speakers include:
- Harry W. Britt, Manager, Ethics & Compliance, Ethics & Compliance Office, El Paso Corporation
- Frank Daly, Retired from Northrop Grumman, Former Corporate Director Ethics and Business Conduct
- Keith T. Darcy, Executive Director, Ethics & Compliance Officer Association
- Dawn-Marie Driscoll, President, Driscoll Associates
- W. Michael Hoffman, Executive Director, Center for Business Ethics, Bentley University
- Robert Holmes, Jr., Senior Vice President, Ethics & Business Practices, Alabama Power
- Jeffrey M. Kaplan, Partner, Kaplan & Walker LLP
- Tim C. Mazur, Chief Operating Officer, Ethics & Compliance Officer Association
- Jeffrey Oak, Vice President, Corporate Responsibility Officer, Bon Secours Health System, Inc.
- Robert J. Olson, Director of Member Services & Education, Ethics & Compliance Officer Association
- Carrie S. Penman , Vice President, Ethical Leadership Group
- John Sherman, Senior Fellow, Center for Business and Government, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Jacquelyn Gates Shipe, President & CEO, SOARing LLC
- Linda K. Trevino, Professor of Organizational Behavior, Cook Fellow in Business Ethics
- Coeni van Beek, Global Leader: Ethics & Business Conduct, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Thomas I. White, Hilton Professor of Business Ethics, College of Business Administration, Loyola Marymount University
- Gretchen A. Winter, Executive Director, Center for Professional Responsibility in Business and Society, College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Tina C. Wyder, Corporate Ethics & Compliance, Education & Awareness Manager, Accenture
Program highlights include interactive sessions with extensive Q&A and networking opportunities. In-depth sessions include:
- The Impact of the Current Legal and Regulatory Environment on Ethics and Compliance Programs
- Managing Helplines
- Globalizing an Ethics Program
- Ethical Reasoning
- Managing Change
THE CENTER FOR BUSINESS ETHICS (CBE) at Bentley University is one of the world's leading research and educational institutes in the field of business ethics. It is also among the oldest, having been established in 1976, when the field was in its infancy. CBE is guided by its mission to promote integrity and trust in business by encouraging the establishment of ethical cultures in businesses everywhere. The center staff pursues this through the application of expertise, research, education and a collaborative approach to the dissemination of best practices. For over three decades, CBE has demonstrated unsurpassed leadership in advancing knowledge, stimulating public discourse and fostering an appreciation for the importance of business ethics among a global network of executives, ethics and compliance professionals, academics, researchers and students of business.
BENTLEY UNIVERSITY is one of the nation’s leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader – one with the deep technical skills, broad global perspective, and high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. Our rich, diverse arts and sciences program, combined with an advanced business curriculum, prepares informed professionals who make an impact in their chosen fields. Located on a classic New England campus minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers. The Graduate School emphasizes the impact of technology on business practice, in offerings that include MBA and Master of Science programs, PhD programs in accountancy and in business, and customized executive education programs. The university enrolls approximately 4,100 full-time undergraduate, 140 adult part-time undergraduate, 1,430 graduate, and 43 doctoral students. Bentley is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges; AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business; and the European Quality Improvement System, which benchmarks quality in management and business education. For more information, please visit www.bentley.edu.
Type: Latest Headlines