You are here
Bentley University Tops New Business School Rankings by College Factual
Bentley University is ranked #1 for Business, Management and Marketing in a new ranking released by College Factual, an online portal designed to assist students in selecting a college. The outcomes-driven ranking is based on factors including school quality and alumni salary information.
College Factual’s “Top Colleges by Major/Field of Study” rankings place Bentley high in several additional fields:
• #1 in Computer Information Systems
• #2 in Business Administration & Management
• #6 in Accountancy
College Factual uses data from IPEDS, the data collection program for the National Center for Education Statistics, and Payscale, the online salary, benefits and compensation information company, to create its rankings.
Several factors are considered in the methodology for determining Best Colleges by Major/Field of Study. They include:
• Early career earnings: Because recent college graduates usually have very limited work experience, College Factual believes early career earnings often reflect the employer’s perception of the university and how well prepared graduates are for the workforce.
• Mid-career earnings: Student’s mid-career earnings can reflect how well the university prepared them for the working world, allowing them to build steam in their career, as well as giving them a solid alumni base to make connections with.
• Percent of graduates in that major relative to the school as a whole: This is a measure of how many students choose that major in the college as a whole. Identifying more popular majors or departments in quality schools shows where more of that school’s resources lie.
• Related majors (“mPower Index”): Is the major at the school well-established with many similar majors surrounding it to make the overall program stronger? College Factual asserts students will have a better experience studying their chosen major at a school with lots of supporting programs where they can take related classes, meet like-minded students, and take advantage of a diverse set of professors and teachers.
College Factual’s full rankings and methodology explanations are featured on collegefactual.com.
Explore Bentley's top-ranked programs:
BENTLEY UNIVERSITY is one of the nation’s leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader – one with the deep technical skills, broad global perspective, and high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. Our rich, diverse arts and sciences program, combined with an advanced business curriculum, prepares informed professionals who make an impact in their chosen fields. Located on a classic New England campus minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers. The Graduate School emphasizes the impact of technology on business practice, in offerings that include MBA and Master of Science programs, PhD programs in accountancy and in business, and customized executive education programs. The university enrolls approximately 4,100 full-time undergraduate, 140 adult part-time undergraduate, 1,430 graduate, and 43 doctoral students. Bentley is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges; AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business; and the European Quality Improvement System, which benchmarks quality in management and business education. For more information, please visit www.bentley.edu.
Bentley University’s Co-Provost and Dean of Arts and Sciences Daniel Everett talked with us recently about a wide range of topics, including being featured in a new book by Tom Wolfe, two of his own upcoming books, the importance of studying the origins of language, and the value of a fusion approach to business education.