Center for Women and Business Helps Young Women “Gear Up” to Get Ahead
In today’s rapid-paced, digital world, global business demands that professionals stay connected and think strategically about their networks. Driven by this market need, the Center for Women and Business will host their 8th annual “Gearing Up” conference for professional women in the first decade of their careers looking to advance. Held on Friday, June 7, 2013 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the LaCava Conference Center on the Bentley University campus, this year’s conference will explore how to get ahead in an increasingly connected age and will address the importance of establishing and maintaining a strong network for personal and professional success. This intensive one-day conference with interactive workshops will prepare attendees to:
- Think creatively about professional growth
- Develop a strategic career advancement plan
- Overcome advancement obstacles
- Identify and take advantage of available opportunities
Diane Hessan, president and CEO of Communispace will deliver a keynote address. Following her address, attendees will then participate in two interactive, skill-building workshops. Workshops include:
- The Next 90 Days: Planning to Advance Personally and Professionally
- Building Your Online Brand: Owning Your Name, Niche, and Look
- Strategic Networking: Developing Critical Relationships
- Connecting and Leading With Your Best Self
- Connecting Through Non-Verbal Communication
The day will also feature a luncheon panel of highly accomplished, senior executive business women, each accompanied by a middle level executive from the same company. The pairs will share their various experiences along their own professional journeys. Lunch will be followed by an afternoon session on building a personal advisory board and relationship management strategy.
Registration is live on April 15. For more information or to register for this event, please visit the Center for Women and Business website or contact Elisa Vincent at firstname.lastname@example.org, 781.891.2306.