Social Media Experts Gather at Bentley University for Going Local with Social Media Conference, May 6
The Center for Marketing Technology (CMT) at Bentley University will bring together leading experts and practitioners in social media for Going Local With Social Media on Friday, May 6, from 7:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Bentley, 175 Forest Street in Waltham. Author C.C. Chapman, Bentley professors, local businesses and prominent marketers and technologists from companies such as Groupon, Hubspot, Microsoft, Rue La La, and Scvngr will share their insights and guide the discussion on local and social marketing best practices.
"Social media and the Internet help consumers find you and do business with you," says Ian Cross, event co-chair and director of the CMT. "We believe the greatest potential for social media in many businesses is in serving local markets, taking a local approach to serving customers and delivering value."
The half-day conference -- geared toward marketing and business professionals from small and medium-sized businesses -- will explore how to leverage social media to serve local markets, deliver value to customers, and enhance profitability. Industry experts, practitioners and thought leaders will share their insights on:
- Making sense of social media
- Using social media to serve local markets
- Deriving value through social media
- Identifying important social media tools and best practices
Specific topics include:
- "Deal of the Day" marketing
- Location-based and mobile marketing
- Consumer and Business to Business
- C.C. Chapman, author, consultant and expert in digital marketing and social media
- Philip DesAutels, director of strategy at Microsoft, chairman of the Globe Award's Sustainable Innovation Award, and researcher at Lulea Technical University in Sweden
- Glenn Gaudet, president and founder of GaggleAMP
- Mari Anne Snow, CEO of SophiaThink and adjunct professor of marketing at Bentley University
- Todd Van Hoosear, founding member and interim director of Boston Social Media Club
- Dave Wieneke, digital strategist and director of digital marketing at Sokolove Law
- Pierre Berthon (Conference Co-Chair) - Clifford F. Youse Chair of Marketing and Strategy and professor of marketing at Bentley University
- Ian Cross (Conference Co-Chair), director of the Bentley Center of Marketing Technology
- Bruce D. Weinberg (Conference Co-Chair), Inc Magazine's Netty Professor and Chair of the Marketing Department at Bentley University
Registration is $69 through April 29; and $99 after April 29 and at the door. The cost includes continental breakfast, parking, and opportunities to network. For more information and registration, please visit http://bentleygoinglocalwithsocialmedia.eventbrite.com; call 781-891-3115; or e-mail email@example.com.