You are here
Social Media Experts Gather at Bentley University for Going Local with Social Media Conference, May 6
The Center for Marketing Technology (CMT) at Bentley University will bring together leading experts and practitioners in social media for Going Local With Social Media on Friday, May 6, from 7:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Bentley, 175 Forest Street in Waltham. Author C.C. Chapman, Bentley professors, local businesses and prominent marketers and technologists from companies such as Groupon, Hubspot, Microsoft, Rue La La, and Scvngr will share their insights and guide the discussion on local and social marketing best practices.
"Social media and the Internet help consumers find you and do business with you," says Ian Cross, event co-chair and director of the CMT. "We believe the greatest potential for social media in many businesses is in serving local markets, taking a local approach to serving customers and delivering value."
The half-day conference -- geared toward marketing and business professionals from small and medium-sized businesses -- will explore how to leverage social media to serve local markets, deliver value to customers, and enhance profitability. Industry experts, practitioners and thought leaders will share their insights on:
- Making sense of social media
- Using social media to serve local markets
- Deriving value through social media
- Identifying important social media tools and best practices
Specific topics include:
- "Deal of the Day" marketing
- Location-based and mobile marketing
- Consumer and Business to Business
- C.C. Chapman, author, consultant and expert in digital marketing and social media
- Philip DesAutels, director of strategy at Microsoft, chairman of the Globe Award's Sustainable Innovation Award, and researcher at Lulea Technical University in Sweden
- Glenn Gaudet, president and founder of GaggleAMP
- Mari Anne Snow, CEO of SophiaThink and adjunct professor of marketing at Bentley University
- Todd Van Hoosear, founding member and interim director of Boston Social Media Club
- Dave Wieneke, digital strategist and director of digital marketing at Sokolove Law
- Pierre Berthon (Conference Co-Chair) - Clifford F. Youse Chair of Marketing and Strategy and professor of marketing at Bentley University
- Ian Cross (Conference Co-Chair), director of the Bentley Center of Marketing Technology
- Bruce D. Weinberg (Conference Co-Chair), Inc Magazine's Netty Professor and Chair of the Marketing Department at Bentley University
Registration is $69 through April 29; and $99 after April 29 and at the door. The cost includes continental breakfast, parking, and opportunities to network. For more information and registration, please visit http://bentleygoinglocalwithsocialmedia.eventbrite.com; call 781-891-3115; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
BENTLEY UNIVERSITY is one of the nation’s leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader – one with the deep technical skills, broad global perspective, and high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. Our rich, diverse arts and sciences program, combined with an advanced business curriculum, prepares informed professionals who make an impact in their chosen fields. Located on a classic New England campus minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers. The Graduate School emphasizes the impact of technology on business practice, in offerings that include MBA and Master of Science programs, PhD programs in accountancy and in business, and customized executive education programs. The university enrolls approximately 4,100 full-time undergraduate, 140 adult part-time undergraduate, 1,430 graduate, and 43 doctoral students. Bentley is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges; AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business; and the European Quality Improvement System, which benchmarks quality in management and business education. For more information, please visit www.bentley.edu.
College Factual, an online portal designed to assist students in selecting a college, has released its top colleges for a degree in finance ranking and Bentley University stands at #4 overall in the U.S.