U.S. News & World Report Names McCallum Graduate School of Business One of Top 100 in the Nation; Professional MBA Ranked in Top 50
Contact: Joanna Howarth, 781-891-2725, email@example.com
March 15, 2012
The Bentley University McCallum Graduate School of Business was ranked among the top 100 graduate business schools in the country and one of the top five in New England in the recently released U.S. News & World Report rankings of America's Best Graduate Business Schools 2013.
The Professional MBA program ranked among the top 50 in the country at #44 and #5 in New England, and the full-time MBA program ranked among the top 100 in the country at #75. The McCallum School was also ranked #25 in the Entrepreneurship specialty category.
Designed with the working individual in mind, the Professional MBA, a flexible part-time MBA program at the McCallum School, allows students to immediately put what they learn in the classroom into practice in a professional setting. Foundation courses within the curriculum ensure an understanding of business basics such as statistics, economics, marketing, operations, accounting and finance. The MBA required core courses integrate business and IT to spotlight the role technology plays in gaining competitive advantage, improving business processes, leading change, and formulating global strategy. The Professional MBA allows students to customize their degree by selecting two from a collection of eight concentrations that include topics such as business analytics, economics and management.
Students enrolled in any of the McCallum School’s programs have a host of entrepreneurial studies courses to choose from, including Entrepreneurial Thinking, Planning and Financing New Ventures, Research on the Entrepreneurial Process and an Entrepreneurial Practicum, designed for students to gain fresh insights and develop their intuitive entrepreneurial perspective by putting their newly acquired skills to work in the field of entrepreneurship.
The McCallum Graduate School of Business offers a suite of the most advanced business education programs including:
- The Bentley MBA, launching in August, 2012, an intensive 11-month global program where students pursue four 10-week modules in a collaborative, studio-based setting. The program comprises four themes: innovation, value, environments, and leadership, and features three field-based collaborations, two of which are international. Designed and taught jointly by business and arts and sciences faculty, it focuses on honing the student’s individual leadership style and indentifying creative solutions to today’s business challenges.
- The Emerging Leaders MBA, a full-time, two year program with a required global component, designed for those with relatively limited professional experience.
- The Professional MBA, a flexible program geared toward those who wish to pursue their degree on a part-time basis.
- Seven specialized Master of Science programs including Accountancy, Finance, Financial Planning, Human Factors in Information Design, Marketing Analytics, Information Technology and Taxation.
- Master of Science (MS) + MBA, an innovative program enabling students to simultaneously pursue the Bentley MBA and the MS in Information Technology.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.bentley.edu/graduate.
BENTLEY UNIVERSITY is one of the nation’s leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader – one with the deep technical skills, broad global perspective, and high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. Our rich, diverse arts and sciences program, combined with an advanced business curriculum, prepares informed professionals who make an impact in their chosen fields. Located on a classic New England campus minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers. The Graduate School emphasizes the impact of technology on business practice, in offerings that include MBA and Master of Science programs, PhD programs in accountancy and in business, and customized executive education programs. The university enrolls approximately 4,100 full-time undergraduate, 140 adult part-time undergraduate, 1,430 graduate, and 43 doctoral students. Bentley is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges; AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business; and the European Quality Improvement System, which benchmarks quality in management and business education.