You are here
Major In Finance
- FI 305 Principles of Accounting and Finance
- FI 306 (formerly FI 320) Financial Markets and Investments
- FI 351 International Finance
- FI 307 (formerly FI 380) Advanced Managerial Finance
- 4 FI Electives
FI 305 is the pre-requisite for FI 306 (formerly FI 320) and FI 307 (formerly FI 380). In turn, FI 306 or FI 307 are either a pre or co-requisite for other finance courses.
Any finance course not otherwise required can fulfill the FI elective. Students may use either FI 421- Internship in Finance or FI 401- Directed Study in Finance as one of their Finance electives, but not both. Finance electives may be taken once Pre- and Co-requisites have been met.
- Additional tracks are available in Pesonal Financial Services, Corporate Finance, and Financial Planning. Students should see a finance mentor for details.
Think you might like to major in finance? Speak to mentors and professors in the department to learn more about what your classes might entail, meet with alumni who are currently working in the field, consider potential career possibilities such as loan officer, floor trader, cash management or corporate development. For further career exploration, visit the Career Services website.