Major In Spanish Studies
Spanish studies is one of the newest majors to be added to Bentley's offerings in the liberal arts. Why Spanish Studies at Bentley?
Our program offers:
- A unique curriculum that integrates language, culture, history, and current affairs of the Spanish speaking world
- An education couple with general business skills that will expand career opportunities
- A curriculum designed for both non-native and native speakers of Spanish through a two-track system
Track I: Non-native Spanish Speakers will complete two courses in tier I, two courses in tier 2, and two courses in tier 3.
Track II: Native and/or near-native competency Spanish speakers will complete two courses in tier 2, one required (MLSP 305 and one of their choice) and any four courses in tier 3.
Tier 1: 200 Level Language Courses
- MLSP 202 Intermediate II
- MLSP 203 Advanced writing and composition
Tier 2: 300 Level Hybrid Courses
- MLSP 301 Selected Topics
- MLSP 302 Spanish for Business
- MLSP 303 Current and Controversial Topics
- MLSP 304 Survey of Spanish Literature
- MLSP 305 Translation
- MLSP 306 Seven Cities in the Spanish Speaking World
Tier 3: 400 Level Content Courses
- MLSP 401 Directed Study
- MLSP 402 Seminar in Spanish
- MLSP 403 Latinos in the U.S.
- MLSP 404 Masterpieces in Literature from Latin America
- MLSP 405 Masterpieces in Modern Literature from Spain