You are here
Major In Spanish Studies
Spanish studies is one of the newest majors to be added to Bentley's offerings in the liberal arts. Why Spanish Studies at Bentley?
Our program offers:
- A unique curriculum that integrates language, culture, history, and current affairs of the Spanish speaking world
- An education couple with general business skills that will expand career opportunities
- A curriculum designed for both non-native and native speakers of Spanish through a two-track system
Track I: Non-native Spanish Speakers will complete two courses in tier I, two courses in tier 2, and two courses in tier 3.
Track II: Native and/or near-native competency Spanish speakers will complete two courses in tier 2, one required (MLSP 305 and one of their choice) and any four courses in tier 3.
Tier 1: 200 Level Language Courses
- MLSP 202 Intermediate II
- MLSP 203 Advanced writing and composition
Tier 2: 300 Level Hybrid Courses
- MLSP 301 Selected Topics
- MLSP 302 Spanish for Business
- MLSP 303 Current and Controversial Topics
- MLSP 304 Survey of Spanish Literature
- MLSP 305 Translation
- MLSP 306 Seven Cities in the Spanish Speaking World
Tier 3: 400 Level Content Courses
- MLSP 401 Directed Study
- MLSP 402 Seminar in Spanish
- MLSP 403 Latinos in the U.S.
- MLSP 404 Masterpieces in Literature from Latin America
- MLSP 405 Masterpieces in Modern Literature from Spain