You are here
After deciding on a major, students may consider choosing a minor to develop expertise in a second area of study. A minor comprises at least four courses. Business majors can minor in the arts and sciences, an interdisciplinary area, or a business topic in a different department. Arts and sciences majors can choose from an array of business minors and interdisciplinary topics.
Bachelor degree students are eligible to pursue a minor as part of their degree program. A minor consists of 12 distinct credits, approved by the Minors Coordinators, that form a cohesive series of study in the arts and sciences or business disciplines. Some majors have restrictions on which minors may be pursued.
- Courses taken to fulfill a minor are applied as business-related electives, arts and sciences electives, or unrestricted electives. As a result, proper academic planning is necessary. Some of the minor descriptions indicate whether classes are considered arts and science versus business electives. The electives guideline page published in each registration book also provides this information.
- Courses fulfilling either General Education or Business Core requirements may not be applied to a minor. (The exception is the humanities/social science elective as well as the math/natural science elective)
- Major courses (primary of LSM) may not be applied to a minor.
- Students may apply only one transfer or AP course to the minor.
- Students may apply no more than 6 credits that were completed prior to declaring a minor.
- Students may only complete a maximum of 2 minors.
- Students must achieve a minimum cumulative gpa of 2.0 in the minor.
To declare your minor:
- Log into MyBentley
- Select Student Self-Service from the left menu
- Choose Main Menu
- Undergraduate day/evening
- Student Services
- At the bottom of the menu, choose add/change major/minor
- Choose the minor you want to change to then hit submit (note: you must have a major in order to declare a minor)
- Confirm changes
- Print form and obtain the signature of the minor coordinator on the form
Once the minor declaration process is complete:
The Registrar’s Office will list the minor and any courses you are required to take for the minor on your Degree Audit Summary (DAS).