All PhD, Graduate and Evening Undergraduate students have the option to bring their own notebook computer (non-Bentley) to Bentley.
In order to fully integrate with Bentley's technology, all non-Bentley computers must have the Microsoft Windows 7 32 Bit Operating System and meet the following minimum hardware requirements:
MS Windows 7 32 Bit is the preferred operating system.
- Portable notebook computer
- 60 GB hard drive
- 2 GB RAM
- CD/DVD RW Drive
- 10/100 ethernet
- 802.11g wireless
Support from the Computing Services Desk for non-Bentley notebook computers includes the following:
- Assist with installation of Bentley's standard software including Microsoft Office 2010 and Microsoft Security Essentials
- Configuring both wired and wireless network connections including mapping your personal M: drive and the Bentley Virtual Lab
- Assist with any spyware and virus conflicts
A service fee of $60 per hour is charged. This fee will be billed to your student account in 15 minute intervals.
Please be aware that Bentley does not guarantee any software troubleshooting performed on non-Bentley computers.
In addition, the following services cannot be performed on non-Bentley computers:
- Installation or troubleshooting of operating systems or third party software
- Data backup
- Hardware repairs