Work alongside amazing Drupal developers and project managers on a team that's addicted to making things happen FAST! We operate in a highly supportive, collegial higher ed environment (read as, leave your egos at home!) and enjoy the perks of great benefits, tuition reimbursement and work-life balance (4 weeks paid vacation plus every Friday off May - August).
Front End Web Developer
Bentley University is hiring a Front End Web Developer to join its digital team, a group of developers, project managers and designers who oversee web (www.bentley.edu), mobile (m.bentley.edu), and marketing initiatives for the university. The Web Developer is responsible for building highly efficient, user-friendly web and mobile experiences. The ideal candidate has a passion for web development, is a self-starter and works well with others.
· Develop standards compliant mark-up and code
· Develop mobile and responsive sites using a blend of existing frameworks (Drupal) and custom code
· Troubleshoot, debug and solve cross-browser issues
· Partner with web designer to optimize style sheets (themes) enhancing the user experience and creating efficiencies
· Multitask and prioritize activities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Build out additional capacity with freelance web development resources and manage resources as needed
· Support the development of peers by reviewing completed projects, offering instruction, etc.
· Act as a resource and partner to peers in Marketing and across the university
· 3-4 years of experience enterprise large scale web applications architecture, design and implementation
· Working knowledge of GIT and version control platforms
· Working knowledge of Sass, Compass
· Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite with an eye for compelling visual and user-centered design
· Working knowledge of content management systems (Drupal and Drupal theming is preferable)
· Experience in mobile interface design, preferably responsive site design, a plus
· Ability to use scripting languages as needed (PHP) is preferable
· Experience guiding UI/UX decisions and deploying user-centered designs a plus
· Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and creative problem solving skills
· Uncompromising attention to detail
· Resourceful problem solver
Apply online and we'll be in touch!