Master's Candidate Program
The Master's Candidate Program is designed for motivated undergraduate students with high academic standing. Depending on the program of study, master's degree requirements may be completed with one year of additional full-time academic work.
Students can schedule an appointment with an adviser in the Graduate Student and Academic Services Office, LaCava 295, to discuss the admission process and academic options. Master's Candidate Program Information Sessions are a great way to learn about all aspects of the program, from program pre-planning to financing options. Information Session and workshop dates are posted in MyBentley in the Master's Candidate Program section within Academics.
- Students in the Master’s Candidate Program may be able to earn both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in five or more years depending on their personal and professional circumstances.
- Get a head start on your graduate program by taking graduate courses (Maximum of 6 credits) in a blended term during the final term of the senior year.
- Participate in co-curricular programs designed to support academic goals and success as you transition to graduate school.
- Take advantage of individual advising from a Graduate School Academic Adviser.
- Waive the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Exam (GRE) requirement for admission. (Required if planning on applying for merit-based aid.)
- Satisfy the 150 academic-credit-hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam in Massachusetts and many other states.
- No application fee.
- Students interested in declaring their intention for the Master's Candidate Program must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.20.
Master’s Candidate Declaration Forms Accepted: Students may submit their declaration form to the Office of Graduate Student and Academic Services (295 LaCava Center) as early as 8:30 am of the first semester of junior year to 4:30 pm on “Reading Day” of first (not final) semester of senior year. Any student that misses the deadline noted above must contact the Admissions Office of the Graduate School of Business (295 LaCava Center) for guidance on the different admission requirements for Bentley University non-Master’s Candidate students.
- Students must declare by the first semester of their senior year in order to be eligible to apply to the Graduate School through the Master's Candidate process.
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.20 to remain in the program, to register for a blended term, and to officially apply to the Graduate School. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Students who transferred into Bentley from another institution must complete at least one full semester at Bentley and have Bentley grades posted before declaring intention for the Master's Candidate Program.
- Students must also be matriculated in an Undergraduate Day program in order to be eligible to declare intention for the Master’s Candidate Program. Students in the Undergraduate Evening program are not eligible for the Master’s Candidate Program but are welcome to apply to the McCallum Graduate School of Business through the traditional application process.
- Students that take the GMAT or GRE to be considered for aid should not submit scores that do not meet the minimum 500 (GMAT) or equivalent (GRE) required for admission consideration. Scores submitted will be used as part of the admission evaluation regardless of a student's 3.20 GPA standing.