If you’re a faculty member seeking a grant, the Offices of Sponsored Programs, Foundation Relations and Corporate Relations are here to help you through every step of the grant lifecycle. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
New to grants? Here are the basic steps you’ll take to receive and use that funding.
- Refine your idea and research funding options with one of our offices.
- Develop your proposal, taking into account the manpower and financial resources you’ll need to achieve your goals. Let us and your department know that you’re ready to submit.
- Write your proposal, adhering to the potential sponsor’s guidelines.
- Submit your proposal to us and other necessary Bentley administrators for review and approval. Once approved, submit to the potential sponsor.
- Congratulations! You’ve got funding. You should have received an award notification. After negotiations are complete (we can help with that), you’ll work with Financial Operations to create a Bentley project number, account and sub-agreements, if needed.
- Manage your award via a monthly budget review, progress reporting, time and effort reporting and sponsor invoicing.
- Close out your grant by reconciling your budget and sending any final performance and/or financial reports to the sponsor.