- First Steps in Requesting a New Website
- New PageMaster for Existing Site
- Digital Engagement Request Process for Modifications to Existing Sites
First Steps in Requesting a New Website
The general process for developing a departmental website is as follows:
- Email ga_webpublishing with your request.
- A meeting takes place with a Digital Engagement staff member and the PageMaster to discuss the outline of the site. Brainstorming is also done about the purpose and layout of the site.
- A flowchart of the site is created and sent to the PageMaster for approval.
- Once the flowchart is reviewed and approved by the PageMaster, a site template is built by Digital Engagement.
- A training date is coordinated with the PageMaster (send training request to ga_webpublishing).
New PageMaster for Existing Site
When a new PageMaster is assigned to an existing site, the department or organization head (chair, director, etc.) simply needs to send an email to the ga_webpublishing with the new PageMaster's name and email address.
Web Services Request Process for Modifications to Existing Sites
All of the following can be done by the user:
- New web page within an existing section.
- Add, update or delete a link.
- Add, update or delete an image.
- Implement date and freshness controls.
- Add, update or delete forms.
All of the following are considered major changes and can be requested by emailing ga_webpublishing:
- A change to the base template.
- A new web site or major website redesign.
- A modification to a main section. This includes adding or modifying header graphics and some front page content sections.