Thank you for your interest in the PhD program at Bentley. We are now accepting applications for our Fall 2017 class. Click here to start your application.
The following is the general admission process we follow:
- During the summer and fall, prospects are welcome to contact the PhD Program Office or Bentley faculty. General questions can be addressed to the program office while research specific questions are more appropriate for specific faculty.
- Following the closing date for admission, the Admission Committees of the PhD Council (one for business and one for accountancy) meet to determine which applicants are most suitably qualified according to the criteria listed under our admission requirements. The Admission Committees of the PhD Council will circulate the appropriate applications to faculty.
- All applicants are required to take either the GMAT or GRE exam.
- International applicants who do not have a 4 year bachelor's or 2 year master's degree from an institution located in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or Uganda must take either the TOEFL or IELTS language test. The minimum acceptable TOEFL is 100 and IELTS is 7.
- Faculty will arrange an interview with select PhD applicants. These interviews may take place by phone or Skype if it is not feasible to conduct a face-to-face interview.
- Applicants are encouraged to review potential faculty advisor’s publication records at faculty.bentley.edu and to identify a potential advisor. We want to ensure that we will have faculty to support you in your research field.
- The Admission Committees then meet again to discuss the top PhD applicants for each of the two degrees. The PhD Admission Committees will provide the PhD Council with two lists of possible PhD students, one for each of the PhD Programs. The PhD Council will make the final decision about student admittance. Final decisions will be made in late February to early March. Students will be admitted for the following fall term (i.e., there are no January admittances).
- The PhD director will inform each applicant in writing of our admissions decision. Students will have until April 15 to make their decisions about accepting our offer.
- We admit on an every other year basis, we are accepting applications now for our fall 2017 intake.
For additional questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.