You are here
Thank you for your interest in the PhD program at Bentley. Please note that our next admissions intake will be for fall 2015.
The following is the general admission process we follow:
- During the summer and fall, students are welcome to contact the PhD Program Office or Bentley faculty. General questions can be addressed to the program office while research specific questions are more appropriate for specific faculty.
- Following the closing date for admission, the Admission Committees of the PhD Council (one for business and one for accountancy) meet to determine which candidates are most suitably qualified according to the criteria listed under our admission requirements. The Admission Committees of the PhD Council will circulate the appropriate applications to faculty.
- All applicants are required to take either the GMAT or GRE exam. International students who do not have a degree from a university in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand must also take either the TOEFL or IEFLS language test. The minimum acceptable TOEFL is 100 and IEFLS is 7.
- Faculty will arrange an interview with select PhD applicants. These interviews may take place by phone or Skype if it is not feasible to conduct a face-to-face interview.
- Applicants are encouraged to review potential faculty advisor’s publication records at faculty.bentley.edu and to identify a potential advisor. We want to ensure that we will have faculty to support you in your research field.
- The Admission Committees then meet again to discuss the top PhD applicants for each of the two degrees. The PhD Admission Committees will provide the PhD Council with two lists of possible PhD students, one for each of the PhD Programs. The PhD Council will make the final decision about student admittance. Final decisions will be made in late February to early March. Students will be admitted for the following fall term (i.e., there are no January admittances).
- The PhD director will inform each candidate in writing of our admissions decision. Students will have until April 15 to make their decisions about accepting our offer.
- Applications will be open online starting September 8, 2014 and will remain open until January 22, 2015. Anyone interested in applying after January 22nd should contact the PhD Program Director, Professor Michael Quinn, at email@example.com to see if the program is still accepting applications.
For additional questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.