In an effort to maintain a good working relationship with our preferred suppliers, I would like to take this time to review some of the policies which Bentley asks you to keep in mind when dealing with the university, including student organizations:
- A Purchase Order number must accompany all orders placed with a supplier unless the order does not exceed $5,000.00. This rule also applies to any business conducted by student organizations.
- Unless specifically noted in the order, all shipments are to be sent to Bentley University Shipping and Receiving Department. Packing lists on boxes must reference Bentley's Purchase Order number.
- All invoices are to be forwarded to the Accounts Payable Department of the university. Any questions relative to invoices should be directed to 781.891.2174. Bentley pays net 30 unless otherwise agreed to and stated on the Purchase Order. Discounts for earlier payment will be examined.
- Changes in an order will be noted on a Purchase Order Change Form referencing the original Purchase Order number.
- Gary Nolan, Assistant Director, or myself must authorize all Purchase Orders or Changes to Purchase Orders.
- Bentley does not allow prepayments or deposits unless arranged in advance with Purchasing, Administrative and Campus Services.
- Current Certificates of Insurance must be submitted to Bentley Purchasing, Administrative and Campus Services by all vendors supplying services on the university property prior to commencing such services. Please send all appropriate documentation as well as subsequent updated certificates directly to Purchasing, Administrative and Campus Services at 175 Forest Street, Waltham, MA 02452-4705.
- Bentley expects all vendors to have Equal Opportunity policies consistent with the following: Vendors must not discriminate in their employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status. In addition, Bentley will not condone any form of sexual harassment, either in internal employee relationships or with Bentley employees and students.
These, and terms and conditions of purchase noted on the back of each Purchase Order are enforced. Thank you for adhering to our policy and procedure. I look forward to continuing our mutually beneficial relationship.
Director of Purchasing, Administrative and Campus Services
Assistant Director of Purchasing, Administrative and Campus Services