Bentley Voicemail Instructions
Logging in on- and off-campus
- Dial x3100 (or 781.891.3100)
- Dial your mailbox and press # sign
- Enter password press # sign (default password 12 plus mailbox number)
Once you have logged in press 8* for a list of mailbox commands.
Change your password
- Once you have logged in
- Press 84
- Enter default/old password, press #
- Enter new password (4-16 digits), press #
- Enter new password again, press #
Record your external, internal, temporary and personal verification greetings
Once you have logged in
- Press 82
- Press 1 (for external greeting)
- Press 2 (for internal greeting)
- Press 3 (for temporary greeting)
- Press 9 (for personal verification)
- Press 5 ... wait for tone ...
- Record your greeting, then press #
- Press 2 if you would like to play to review this
Please note: Before changing an existing external or internal greeting, please listen to and then press 76 to delete.
Suggested general greeting for a mailbox
You have reached (Name). I am unable (or unavailable) to take your call at this time. Please leave your name, number and a detailed message after the tone, and I will return your call as soon as possible. If you wish to speak to someone immediately, please press 0 now. Thank you.
Suggested general greeting for a departmental mailbox
You have reached (Department Name). We are unable (or unavailable) to take your call at this time. Please leave a detailed message after the tone, and be sure to include your name and telephone number. Thank you.
Note: For your external greeting, you may also want to include your title, department name and the fact that the person has reached Bentley University.