Enrollment Deposit Deadline
|Spring 2016||November 1 (Priority Deadline)||Rolling (beginning Nov 1)||Rolling|
Fall 2016 Early Decision*
Fall 2016 Regular Decision**
*Early Decision is a binding program, where you’ll receive an earlier admission decision and be required to withdraw applications to all other colleges if you are accepted to Bentley.
**Regular Decision is if you want the full fall semester to complete your college search and admission application.
Required Forms and Credentials
- Application form with $50 fee. Complete the Common Application* and writing supplement (you'll need to create an account to get started). We recommend that you submit both documents at the same time; you also can mail them to us. If you have financial hardship, you can request your high school counselor to submit the College Board Fee Waiver (PDF) on your behalf.
*If you are a homeschooled student, use code 970000 for the secondary school block on the Common Application.
- Official high school transcript. Submit an official transcript for all high schools you have attended, including your most recent grades at the time of your application. It’s very important that you send us your grades from your first marking period of your senior year as soon as they are available. You should also send mid-year grades once they are released.
- College essay. You can choose from any of the topics listed in the application.
- Senior Grades. Senior grades are an important factor in our admission decision. We will not release a decision without having some indication of your academic performance from senior year; examples include, but are not limited to, first quarter, first semester, quarterly, or first trimester grades. If you are an International Baccalaureate or A-Level candidate, we will utilize your predicted grades. If your school does not provide senior grades prior to our notification date, please contact our office. Keep in mind, your guidance office may not automatically send your grades, so we recommend you confirm with your guidance counselor.
- Two letters of recommendation. You should submit one from a counselor and one from a teacher who can speak to your strengths and talents. You can have them mailed or fax directly to us or submit them through Common App.
Standardized test scores. We require that you take the SAT or ACT with Writing test. If English is not your primary language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The preferred minimum scores are:
TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections.
IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 7 on each of the IELTS subsections
Your test results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official high school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:
Once you have submitted your application, we’ll send you a MyBentley ID number, which you can use to check the status of your application.
Advanced Standing Credit
You may be able to accelerate your degree if you have earned advanced standing credit (up to a maximum of 30 credits) through a number of different options. Learn more about our advanced standing credit policies.
The Redesigned SAT and Bentley Admission Policy Changes
By now you’ve probably heard that the SAT has been redesigned. The first administration of the new test will be in the spring of 2016. The entering class of 2017 will be the first cohort in which most students take the redesigned SAT. Listed below are some things that you’ll need to know about Bentley and the redesigned SAT. For more general information on the redesigned test, visit the College Board’s web site.
Common FAQ's about the Redesigned SAT
If I took the SAT previously and I will also take the redesigned SAT, which scores should I send to Bentley?
Some students will take the current SAT before spring 2016 and then take the redesigned SAT later. In those cases, students should send both scores to Bentley.
How will Bentley evaluate results from the current SAT with the redesigned exam?
Bentley will use concordance tables to convert the current version of the SAT to the scoring for the redesigned SAT. Superscoring will be applied to converted results.
Will Bentley require the Optional Essay portion of the redesigned SAT?
No, the optional essay on the redesigned SAT is not required.
Is the writing section of the ACT exam required?
Beginning with the class of 2017, Bentley will no longer require the writing portion of the ACT for students applying for freshman admission.