- Early Decision. With this binding program, you’ll receive an earlier admission decision and be required to withdraw applications to all other colleges if you are accepted to Bentley.
- Early Action. This option provides you with an earlier admission decision, but allows you to wait until May 1 to make your final decision.
- Regular Admission. If you want the full fall semester to complete your college search and admission application, this may be the best option for you.
Enrollment Deposit Deadline
Spring Semester (2014) Freshman
Rolling (starting November 15)
Required Forms and Credentials
- Application form with $50 fee. Complete the Common Application* and writing supplement (you'll need to create an account to get started). We recommend that you submit both documents at the same time; you also can mail them to us. If you have financial hardship, you can request your high school counselor to submit the College Board Fee Waiver (PDF) on your behalf.
*If you are a homeschooled student, use code 970000 for the secondary school block on the Common Application.
- Official high school transcript. Submit an official transcript for all high schools you have attended, including your most recent grades at the time of your application. It’s very important that you send us your grades from your first marking period of your senior year as soon as they are available. You should also send mid-year grades once they are released.
- College essay. You can choose from any of the topics listed in the application.
- Senior Final Grades. Senior final grades are an important factor in our admission decision. When first marking period grades are available, please forward them to Bentley immediately. In addition, mid-year grades should be sent as soon as they become available.
- Two letters of recommendation. You should submit one from a counselor and one from a teacher who can speak to your strengths and talents. You can have them mailed or fax directly to us or submit them through Common App.
Standardized test scores. We require that you take the SAT or ACT with Writing test. If English is not your primary language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The preferred minimum scores are:
TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections.
IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 7 on each of the IELTS subsections
Your test results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official high school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:
Once you have submitted your application, we’ll send you a MyBentley ID number, which you can use to check the status of your application.
Advanced Standing Credit
You may be able to accelerate your degree if you have earned advanced standing credit (up to a maximum of 30 credits) through a number of different options. Learn more about our advanced standing credit policies.