Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations
If you enroll in an AP class in high school and take the official AP exam, we may award college credit for AP exam scores of 4 or 5. For any class designated as an AP course in your high school record, the AP exam must be taken for the course to be considered for credit. Please order the official test score results directly from College Board.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Examinations
Credit may be awarded for IB higher-level subjects only, with a score of 5 or better on the official exam. Please order official exam results directly from the International Baccalaureate Organization.
All college-level courses taken at other institutions will be evaluated to determine eligibility for Bentley credit. To qualify for credit consideration, a course must meet the following guidelines:
- Final grade of C or higher (at or above a 2.0 equivalent on a 4.0 scale)
- Equivalent to three or more semester credit hours
- Academic in nature (courses that are remedial, pre-collegiate, internships, recreational, etc. will not be eligible for credit)
- Completed at a regionally accredited U.S. university or non-U.S. institution recognized by the Ministry of Education.
- College courses completed at the secondary school level will require further review. Additional information may be needed. Business courses taken in this context are not typically eligible for credit.
We recommend contacting the Office of Undergraduate Admission to confirm potential course transferability prior to enrolling in any course where college credit may be awarded; unofficial documentation may be submitted for this initial feedback. If you are enrolling at Bentley and seeking an official credit assessment, please contact the Registrar's Office at each college/university to request an official transcript.
If you are completing other curricula, you may be eligible to receive advanced standing credit depending on your examination results, course syllabi and subjects taken. Credit can be awarded for the following programs:
- GCE Advanced-level examinations with a grade of C or better
- German Abitur exams with a score of 7 or higher
- Swiss Federal Maturite exams
- French Baccalaureate exams with a coefficient of 4 or higher with a score of 11 or higher
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE), second year only
- Singaporean Advanced-level exams
- Finnish Ylioppilastutkinto
- Italian Maturita
- Danish Studentereksamen
- Canadian (Quebec) two-year CEGEP
- Hong Kong HKALE
- Lebanese Baccalaureate
- Icelandic Studentsprof – Menntaskoli exams
Please contact the governing institution to request official results.
Requirements and Deadlines
To apply for advanced standing credit, you must submit all credentials by October 15 if you are enrolling in the fall term, and March 15 if you are enrolling in the spring term. All test scores, transcripts and other information should be sent directly from the issuing institution to our office. If results are not in English, supporting translations are needed.
We reserve the right to adjust our advanced standing credit policies at any time.