|Spring 2016||November 1 (Priority Deadline)||Rolling (starting November 1)||Rolling|
Fall 2016 Early Decision*
Fall 2016 Regular Decision**
*Early Decision is a binding program, where you’ll receive an earlier admission decision and be required to withdraw applications to all other colleges if you are accepted to Bentley.
**Regular Decision is if you want the full fall semester to complete your college search and admission application.
Required Forms and Credentials
- Application form with $75 fee. Complete the Common Application* and complete the writing supplement (you'll need to create an account to get started). We recommend that you submit both documents at the same time; you also can mail them to us.
Your nonrefundable application fee can be paid via check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank or foreign affiliate, and made payable to Bentley University. The check must be imprinted with a U.S. bank address and contain encoded MICR routing numbers.
- Official secondary school transcript. Submit an official transcript or marksheets for all secondary schools attended (college, gymnasium, lycee), including your most recent marks at the time of your application. Also include official results of national exams, if given in your country. Transcripts should be sent directly from a school official in both your native language and English; uncertified photocopies are not acceptable.
Bentley recognizes that educational systems throughout the world vary in how they assess a student’s academic performance throughout the year. Often, first quarter or mid-year grades are not available or available later in the year. Therefore, the Admission Committee will move forward with the evaluation of your application utilizing the documents we have received. Once any academic assessment becomes available, including predicted grades and progress reports, we strongly encourage you to forward this information so we can include it in our review process. Your guidance counselor may send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: +011.781.891.3414.
- University essay. You can choose from any of the topics listed in the application.
- Two letters of recommendation. Recommendations should be submitted by both a counselor and one from a teacher who can speak to your strengths and talents. School officials can mail or fax directly to us or submit them through Common App.
- Senior Grades. Senior grades are an important factor in our admission decision. We will not release a decision without having some indication of your academic performance from senior year; examples include, but are not limited to, first quarter, first semester, quarterly, or first trimester grades. If you are an International Baccalaureate or A-Level candidate, we will utilize your predicted grades. If your school does not provide senior grades prior to our notification date, please contact our office. Keep in mind, your guidance office may not automatically send your grades, so we recommend you confirm with your guidance counselor.
- Standardized test results. We require that you take the SAT or ACT with Writing test. If English is not your first spoken language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The preferred minimum scores are:
TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections.
IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 7 on each of the IELTS subsections
Your results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official secondary school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:
7. Confirmation of Financial Resources Form.If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Confirmation of Financial Resources Form in order for an I-20 to be issued. If you do not compete this form, you must submit one of the following:
- A bank letter from your parent or sponsor’s bank, signed by a bank official, verifying the availability of funds. Also include a letter from your parent or sponsor indicating his or her willingness to pay educational expenses.
- A bank statement in your parent or sponsor’s name, verifying the availability of funds. Also include a signed letter from your parent or sponsor indicating his or her willingness to pay educational expenses.
Because some countries have limits on the amount of money that may be sent to the United States, it is important to inquire about the regulations of your country concerning the transfer of such funds. Our Center for International Students and Scholars also can assist you in preparing your documentation for visa issuance.
8. Passport photocopy. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit a copy of your passport page with biographical information.If you are studying in the United States, please submit a copy of your I-20 form pages 1 and 3 and student visa as well. We recommend scanning this information and then emailing it to email@example.com.
Once you have submitted your application, we’ll send you a MyBentley ID number, which you can use to check the status of your application.
Advanced Standing Credit
You may be able to accelerate your degree if you have earned advanced standing credit (up to a maximum of 30 credits) through a number of different options. Learn more about our advanced standing credit policies.