- College courses taken at the college will be considered for credit under typical transfer credit guidelines.
- The guidelines are:
- Regionally accredited institutions
- 3 or more semester hour credits
- Grades of a C or higher
- Please note that business courses taken in this context may not transfer due to our unique interdisciplinary general business core curriculum.
- College courses taken at the high school or another location besides a college campus will not be considered for advanced standing credit
- If you enroll in an AP class in high school and take the official AP exam we may award college credit for AP scores of 4 or 5 in most subjects other than English. Official score reports must be received directly from the College Board.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) credit may be awarded for most higher-level subjects with a score of 5 or better on the official exam with the exception of any English and Business and Management courses. For any class designated as an IB course in your high school record, your results must be received directly from the International Baccalaureate Organization.
- We have a core belief in the importance of writing for business students. We feel strongly that that students graduating with a business degree need a strong writing background to be successful. As a result, English courses taken at an advanced level: AP, IB, A-Level, German Abitur, French Baccalaureate, CAPE to mention a few, will not receive credit.
- All freshmen will be required to take 2 semesters of Expository Writing at Bentley.
- If a student takes an English Composition course at an accredited college or university in the summer prior to their freshmen year, s/he may be eligible for credit depending on performance.
- If you are completing other curricula, you may be eligible to receive advanced standing credit depending on your official examination results, course syllabi and subjects taken. Credit may be awarded for the following programs (this list may not be exhaustive) :
GCE Advanced-level examinations with a grade of C or better
German Abitur exams with a score of 7 or higher
Swiss Federal Maturite exams
French Baccalaureate exams with a coefficient of 4 or higher with a score of 11 or higher
Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE), second year only
Singaporean Advanced-level exams
Canadian (Quebec) two-year CEGEP
Hong Kong HKALE
Icelandic Studentsprof - Menntaskoli exams
Requirements and Deadlines
To apply for advanced standing credit, you must submit all credentials by October 15 if you are enrolling in the fall term, and March 15 if you are enrolling in the spring term. All test scores, transcripts and other information should be sent directly from the issuing institution to our office. If results are not in English, supporting translations are needed.
We reserve the right to adjust our advanced standing credit policies at any time.