Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations
We may award university credit for AP exam scores of 4 or 5. You should order the official test score results directly from College Board.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Examinations
Credit may be awarded for IB higher-level subjects only, with a score of 5 or better. Please order official exam results directly from the International Baccalaureate Organization.
All courses taken at other institutions will be evaluated to determine if eligible for Bentley credit. To qualify for credit consideration, a course must meet the following guidelines:
- Final grade of C or higher (at or above a 2.0 equivalent on a 4.0 scale)
- Equivalent to three or more semester credit hours
- Academic in nature (courses that are remedial, pre-collegiate, internships, recreational, etc. will not be eligible for credit)
- Completed at a regionally accredited U.S. institution or non-U.S. institution recognized by the Ministry of Education.
Contact the Registrar’s Office at each university to request an official transcript. University courses completed at the secondary school level will require further review. Additional information may be needed.
If you are completing other curricula, you may be eligible to receive advanced standing credit depending on your examination results, course syllabi and subjects taken. Credit can be awarded for the following programs:
- GCE Advanced-level examinations with a grade of C or better
- German Abitur exams with a score of 7 or higher
- Swiss Federal Maturite exams
- French Baccalaureate exams with a coefficient of 4 or higher with a score of 11 or higher
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE), second year only
- Singaporean Advanced-level exams
- Finnish Ylioppilastutkinto
- Italian Maturita
- Danish Studentereksamen
- Canadian (Quebec) two-year CEGEP
- Hong Kong HKALE
- Lebanese Baccalaureate
- Icelandic Studentsprof – Menntaskoli exams
Please contact the governing institution to request official results.
Requirements and Deadlines
To apply for advanced standing credit, you must submit all credentials by October 15 if you are enrolling in the fall term, and March 15 if you are enrolling in the spring term. All test scores, transcripts and other information should be sent directly from the issuing institution to our office. If results are not in English, supporting translations are needed.
We reserve the right to adjust our advanced standing credit policies at any time.