Each year we welcome transfer students to Bentley University. We realize the decision to transfer is a significant one, and will work closely with you to support these efforts. We invite you to contact us at +1.781.891.2244 or email@example.com with any questions you may have about Bentley and our application process.
Transfer Information Session for Prospective Transfer Students
We will be hosting an information session for prospective transfer students on the following date:
- Thursday, August 4 at 3:00 p.m.
- Fall dates to be announced
If you're thinking of applying to Bentley as a transfer student, this special information session if for you. Learn more about the transfer admission process, Bentley's transfer credit policy, and more. You will also have the option of taking a campus tour led by a current Bentley student. Register today!
Rolling (after November 1)
Rolling (after April 15)
Required Forms and Credentials
- Application form with $75 fee. Complete the Common Application* and complete the writing supplement (you'll need to create an account to get started). We recommend that you submit both documents at the same time; you also can mail them to us. Your nonrefundable application fee can be paid via check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank or foreign affiliate, and made payable to Bentley University. The check must be imprinted with a U.S. bank address and contain encoded MICR routing numbers.
- Official transcripts. Submit official transcript from all universities you have attended, as well as a final secondary school transcript with date of graduation.
- Midterm Report. This form is available on the Common Application website and should be submitted once you have taken mid-year exams or completed midterm assignments and the professor has returned those grades. It is not required if you are not currently enrolled in university courses.
- Transfer College Report. This form is available on the Common Application website and should be sent to our office by mail or fax at +1.781.891.3414.
- Two letters of recommendation. We prefer that you submit recommendations from professors; you may submit a reference from an employer or secondary school teacher in lieu of one professor recommendation.
- Standardized test scores. We require that you take the SAT or ACT with Writing test if you have fewer than 30 semester hours of collegiate academic credit. If English is not your first spoken language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The requirement may be waived if you have completed English Composition I and II at the university level and have earned a B- or higher in each course. The preferred minimum scores are:
TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections
IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 7 on each of the IELTS subsections
Your results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official secondary school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:
Confirmation of Financial Resources Form: If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Confirmation of Financial Resources Form in order for an I-20 to be issued. If you do not compete this form, you must submit one of the following:
- A bank letter from your parent or sponsor’s bank, signed by a bank official, verifying the availability of funds. Also include a letter from your parent or sponsor indicating his or her willingness to pay educational expenses.
A bank statement in your parent or sponsor’s name, verifying the availability of funds. Also include a signed letter from your parent or sponsor indicating his or her willingness to pay educational expenses.
Because some countries have limits on the amount of money that may be sent to the United States, it is important to inquire about the regulations of your country concerning the transfer of such funds. Our Center for International Students and Scholars also can assist you in preparing your documentation for visa issuance.
8. Photocopy of your Passport Name Page: If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit a copy of your passport page with biographical information. If you are studying in the United States, please submit a copy of your I-20 form pages 1 and 3 and student visa as well. We recommend scanning this information and then emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have submitted your application, we’ll send you a MyBentley ID number, which you can use to check the status of your application.
All courses you have taken at other institutions will be evaluated to determine if they are comparable to course work at Bentley. Learn more about our transfer credit policies.
You are considered a visiting student if you are studying at Bentley for one semester or academic year and are not participating in a Bentley-recognized university program. Learn more about applying to Bentley as a visiting student.