You are here
PREPARE TO LEAD
We value the impact our female leaders make in both the community on campus and the world at large. For a woman in today’s business world, every challenge is an opportunity. At Bentley, our distinctive curriculum and vibrant community of like-minded young professionals will prepare you to lead, no matter what industry you choose.
CENTER FOR WOMEN AND BUSINESS
The Center for Women and Business (CWB) is dedicated to advancing women in business, from the classroom to the boardroom. The CWB prepares students for success through experiential learning and academic theory focused on gender diversity and women's advancement. Our student programs include:
- Women's Leadership Program, a four-year leadership program that empowers young women with the essential skills, real-world experiences, and confidence needed to advance into leadership roles.
- Student Fellowship, offering women and men a real-world leadership preparation and understanding of contemporary women's and families' workplace issues.
- Men of Alliance brings together male students interested in learning about gender equity issues and demonstrating active support for their female peers in the classroom and the workplace.
- Women's Leadership Community, offering freshmen women early exposure to leadership and workplace diversity concerns.
Women's Leadership Program
Each year, the Center for Women and Business (CWB) selects a group of high-achieving incoming students, who have demonstrated strong leadership potential in high school, to participate in the Women's Leadership Program. The four-year leadership program empowers young women with the essential skills, real-world experiences, and confidence needed to advance into leadership roles.
- CWB Leaders receive an award of $10,000 per year, totaling $40,000 toward their undergraduate education at Bentley.
- The program includes:
- Leadership and professional skills workshops
- Mentorship opportunities to develop your personal network
- Invitations to events led by leadership experts
- Exposure to organzations where women thrive
The Center for Women and Business Fellowship offers an undergraduate student fellowship, open to both female and male students, each spring semester. The program enhances students' real-world understanding of contemporary women's and families' worplace issues, with a focus on the advancement of women in the corporate sector. Fellows participate in roundtable discussions on critical issues, visit a Boston-area business to discuss its diversity initiatives, and engage in group mentoring with professional women.
"Wonder Women" questions whether strong heroic female characters in television and cinema help real-life women, or simply reinforce old fantasies and stereotypes.
First-year female students can apply to live on the Women’s Leadership Floor (WLF) and participate in leadership opportunities.
“The combination of business with arts and sciences has had a huge impact on my career path, because it has made me so much more marketable than having just one of those focuses on its own.”
>> See how Kate '12 makes every second count at Dunkin' Brands
"Bentley played a huge role in my professional and personal development and helped shape me into the person I am today."
>> See how Shanell '10 shapes the world at Unicef