Upcoming research seminars /colloquiums:
- The 3rd Analytics Without Borders Conference, Sponsored by Bentley University, Bryant University, BDIN (TLN research group),
Time: Friday 03/23/2018 8:30am -4:00pm. Location: Bentley University, 175 Forest street, Waltham ,MA
Abstraction submission is still open. (Due day is Mar 1st, 2018)
Conference registration is open now. Please check the conference webpage (here) for more details.
Past events in 2017
- Up or Down: Study on System Availability, Speaker: Professor Jie Mi (Florida International University), Sponsored by The Bentley Data Innovation Network.
Time: Thursday 10/26/2017 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Location: CMT(MOR220), Bentley University.
- TeraData competittion presentations, Speakers: Professor Asil Oztenkin (Advisor), Moiz Khan, Tri Mai, Neha Ajgaonkar, Rekha Balan, Kasey Mazza, Christine Vaudo (University of Massachusesste at Lowell).
Time: Wednesday 10/18/2017 6:30pm. Location: CMT (MOR220), Bentley University
Loving the Odds: Matching Love Interest via Data Analytics, by Moiz Khan and Tri Mai, Advisor: Dr. Asil Oztekin
Data Mining-based Predictive Analytics of Missed Medical Appointments (No-Shows), by Neha Ajgaonkar & Rekha Balan, Advisor: Dr. Asil Oztekin
Summer Olympic Games: A Holistic Data Analysis of Factors Influencing Women’s Performance, by Kasey Mazza & Christine Vaudo, Advisor: Dr. Asil Oztekin
- Think About Music Statistically, Speaker: Dr. Piaomu Liu (Bentley University).
Time: Wednesday 10/04/2017 5:15pm-6:16pm. Location: CMT(MOR220), Bentley University.
- Health Systems Innovation via Analytics and Operations Research, Speaker: Professor Retsef Levi (MIT Sloan School of Management), Joint with the Boston Chapter of INFORMS.
Time: Tuesday 05/09/2017 6:30pm. Location: CMT(MOR220), Bentley University.
- Special DART Event (one-day conference): Bentley MASHS (BMASHS) day (MASHS : Mathématiques Appliquées aux Sciences Humaines et Sociales / Math Applied to the Humanities and Social Sciences) Organized by DART at Bentley University and SAMM at Université Paris 1, sponsored by the Bentley Data Innovation Network
Time: Monday 05/15/2017 9:15am to 5:00pm. Location: CMT(MOR220)
The conference program is here.
Welcoming remarks: Michaël Vallée, Higher Education officer, Consulate General of France
Uses and misuses of bibliometrics, speaker: Florence Audier, SAMM, Université Paris 1
European cities on the rise (2nd-1st cent. BC): when urbanization starts with interactions, speaker: Clara Filet, SAMM, Université Paris 1
Using SOMbrero for clustering and visualizing complex data, speaker: Madalina Olteanu, SAMM, Université Paris 1, with Nathalie Villa-Vialaneix, MIAT, INRA Toulouse
Some Statistical Physics’ Approaches to Socio-Economic Systems, speaker: Julien Randon-Furling, SAMM, Université Paris 1
The science of Arrival, speaker: Dean Dan Everett, Bentley University
Gun Violence Prevention: Data and Statistical Issues, Speaker: David Hemenway (Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health)
Joint with the Boston Chapter of the American Statistical Association
Time: Thursday 05/18/2017 6:30pm- 9pm. Location: SMI 122 (Registration is required (here). Registration requested by May 12.)
- 2nd Analytics Without Borders Conference, Sponsored by Bentley University, Bryant University, BDIN (TLN research group),
Time: Friday 03/31/2017 8:30am -4:00pm. Location: Bryant University Campus at RI
Please check the conference webpage (here) for more details.
- Music Analytics tool in Matlab and applications, Speaker: Charlie DeVane (MathWorks).
Time: Monday 04/17/2017 9:30am - 11am. Location: CMT (MOR220)
- Indicators, Analogies, and Agenda Setting: Analyzing the Politics of Preparedness, Speaker: Robert DeLeo (Bentley University),
Time: Monday 04/24/2017 7:30pm - 9:00pm .Location: CMT (MOR220) .