The Harry C. Bentley Alumni Achievement Award honors graduates in a reunion year who reflect the tenets of Bentley University’s founder, Harry Bentley, by achieving excellence in at least one of the following three areas:
- Professional achievement: the alumnus/a has significantly advanced his/her profession
- Community achievement: the alumnus/a has demonstrated leadership through service in his/her own community
- Bentley achievement: the alumnus/a has shown dedication to Bentley through service and engagement
Consistent with Bentley’s mission, nominees are creative, ethical and socially responsible organizational leaders.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- Award nominations are open to all undergraduate alumni in a reunion year (graduation year ends in 0 or 5).
- Alumni who are staff and faculty members are eligible. They should demonstrate dedication to the university above and beyond their job duties.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Current members of the Bentley University Global Alumni Board are not eligible.
- Current members of the Bentley University Board of Trustees are not eligible.
- Nominators do not need to be Bentley alumni.
Instructions to Complete Nomination Form
- Please notify your nominee that you intend to nominate him/her for this award, and secure your candidate's approval before submitting the form.
- Please limit the number of words for each response to 300 and use specific examples.
- Nominators are permitted to attach up to five additional documents demonstrating the nominee’s candidacy (e.g., news articles).
- Nominations that do not follow the instructions will be returned to the nominator, with a request for re-submission in accordance with the instructions.
- Information in this application will be used in the final selection process, and portions may be used in press releases, event communications and at the event.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, February 28. Recipient(s) will be notified by April 3.
2019: Susan Gorman ’84 and Janine Danielson ’84
2018: James Maguire ’63
2017: Marcelo Claure ’93, Carla M. (Stella) McCall ’89, Darryl Poole ’68
If you have any questions about this award, please get in touch with us at email@example.com or 781-891-2025.