The Harry C. Bentley Alumni Achievement Award honors graduates in a reunion year who reflect the tenets of Bentley University’s founder, Harry Bentley, by achieving excellence in at least one of the following three areas:
- Professional achievement: the alumnus/a has significantly advanced his/her profession
- Community achievement: the alumnus/a has demonstrated leadership through service in his/her own community
- Bentley achievement: the alumnus/a has shown dedication to Bentley through service and engagement
Consistent with Bentley’s mission, nominees are creative, ethical and socially responsible organizational leaders.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- Award nominations are open to all undergraduate alumni in a reunion year (graduation year ends in 0 or 5).
- Alumni who are staff and faculty members are eligible. They should demonstrate dedication to the university above and beyond their job duties.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Current members of the Bentley University Global Alumni Board are not eligible.
- Current members of the Bentley University Board of Trustees are not eligible.
- Nominators do not need to be Bentley alumni.
Instructions to Complete Nomination Form
- Please notify your nominee that you intend to nominate him/her for this award, and secure your candidate's approval before submitting the form.
- Please limit the number of words for each response to 300 and use specific examples.
- Nominators are permitted to attach up to five additional documents demonstrating the nominee’s candidacy (e.g., news articles).
- Nominations that do not follow the instructions will be returned to the nominator, with a request for re-submission in accordance with the instructions.
- Information in this application will be used in the final selection process, and portions may be used in press releases, event communications and at the event.
2019: Susan Gorman ’84 and Janine Danielson ’84
2018: James Maguire ’63
2017: Marcelo Claure ’93, Carla M. (Stella) McCall ’89, Darryl Poole ’68
If you have any questions about this award, please get in touch with us at email@example.com or 781-891-2025.